Dinner on the Lido

mkcurran

14 hours ago, cxr133 said:

KINDA THIS

we were on the Panorama on Thanksgiving.

for the Lido buffett for dinner it was like the same 4-6 items daily

none of them looked really appetizing.

But it was not the same menu as the dining room items.

When we went to the lido that one time the entrées were in one small section of the buffet, they weren't available throughout the buffet. The only reason that I knew they were the same as the MDR is because we went there immediately afterwards. 

5 hours ago, LaRue1975 said:

I definitely saw the vegetarian option from the MDR in the buffet the next night. I think it was both nights we ate at the buffet and I am sure on the one night because it was dish that I thought I might like, glad I didn’t order it, lol! We went to the dinner buffet twice on the Panorama and twice on the Vista in April, we hadn’t cruised since 2008. On the Panorama there are so many good options there is no need to go to the buffet if you don’t enjoy it. 

Just because the same option was available doesn't mean it's a leftover. Certainly it could be but it's also a possibility that it was prepared that day for the buffet. Carnival always has a vegetarian option available, but I don't know how much variety there is in the options.

On 1/4/2023 at 7:00 AM, jimbo5544 said:

I have done 49 cruises on Carnival and never seen leftovers on lido

Jimbo, I've never seen this either but I HAVE noticed sometimes desserts from night before will be available at the lunch buffet the next day.  

10 hours ago, LaRue1975 said:

I definitely saw the vegetarian option from the MDR in the buffet the next night. I think it was both nights we ate at the buffet and I am sure on the one night because it was dish that I thought I might like, glad I didn’t order it, lol! We went to the dinner buffet twice on the Panorama and twice on the Vista in April, we hadn’t cruised since 2008. On the Panorama there are so many good options there is no need to go to the buffet if you don’t enjoy it. 

I really do not have a dog in this fight, but the vegetarian option is offered EVERY night, both in MDR and Lido.  Just got off the panorama and loved it.

1 hour ago, jimbo5544 said:

I really do not have a dog in this fight, but the vegetarian option is offered EVERY night, both in MDR and Lido.  Just got off the panorama and loved it.

Gettin a little weary with the Featured Indian Vegatarian Plate...over and over and over.

On 1/5/2023 at 10:46 AM, topaz123 said:

Gettin a little weary with the Featured Indian Vegatarian Plate...over and over and over.

What's on it? I love Indian food and have been tempted to try it but always find something else I want more. 

1 hour ago, Rudyard said:

What's on it? I love Indian food and have been tempted to try it but always find something else I want more. 

It's got your standard rice and a couple of non-spicy sides like daal, etc. B/c it's not ordered that much, it's not pre-plated like the rest of the food.  Thus it's served up pretty hot and fresh.  The mdr portions are so small now that you should go ahead and get it, you can easily split it with others.  Here's a pic:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/search/?q=indian vegetarian&quick=1&type=forums_topic&item=2892619

Edited by jimbob22
  • Thanks 1

I have to concede to the majority that the Indian dishes on the buffet were the same ones offered in the MDR the same night. I truly believed they were from the night before and the one I tried definitely tasted leftover, lol! I board the Radiance on Monday so will do a full recon on the buffet and report back. I’ll add a review of Shaq’s Big Chicken too, looking forward to that! 

• Like 2