Travel Insurance

gtouch

I don't know if we are allow to mention specific carriers here.

If you Google "travel insurance", some of the websites that will be returned are agencies that handle policies from many different insurance companies.  I would start with one of those, as opposed to one particular insurance provider.  Most of those have search engines to give you several options for the type of policy that suits your needs and budget.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, gtouch said:

With everything that has happened in the past few years can anyone recommend a good insurance carrier that has actually had to use it and your experience. 

Allianz yearly policy-covers any travel over 100 miles from home. Less than $500 for 2 for the year. Great customer service as we had to cancel policy when covid hit (can cancel within 10 days of getting policy). 

You can customize your needs using the travel insurance sites that prepare comparable policies per your filter choices.  There are many out there and they will not be hard to find if you google key words like " insure my vacation/trip ".  

• Like 1

Some people will mention a few of the more reliable third parties. Please know what you are buying and what you need. Just because you hear of "more things" happening over the past few years, it doesn't mean insurance companies have upped their payouts.

Tripinsurancestore.com. Have not filed a claim, but Carnival did cancel our Jubilee cruise, so I let tripinsurancestore know it was canceled so they extended my insurance to use for any other trip before 12/2025. At least when I book another cruise, I will already have insurance paid.

Use a broker like Steve at TripInsuranceStore.com.

He often is on CruiseCritic in the Travel Insurance section under the “Ask A Question” forum.

Steve works with 9 or 10 different insurance companies to help you find a policy that works for you.

He is also there when you run into issues to help you have a better experience. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, klfrodo said:

Use a broker like Steve at TripInsuranceStore.com.

He often is on CruiseCritic in the Travel Insurance section under the “Ask A Question” forum.

Steve works with 9 or 10 different insurance companies to help you find a policy that works for you.

He is also there when you run into issues to help you have a better experience. 

We've used TIS since learning about it here just about 10 years ago.

After discussing our situation and asking us some questions (and being remarkably patient with our questions!), we purchased through them a policy from Travel Insured.  And good thing, too!

We ended up needing to cancel at 100% penalty phase, including cruise and business class airfare (the hotels were still cancellable).

Steve helped us with that first claim.

Since then, we've gotten this policy for each overseas trip (cruise or not).  Unfortunately, we've had several other claims including another "biggie".

All of the claims were paid promptly after we submitted all of the necessary documentation.

(Well... almost all.  I forgot to get receipts for very small tips for two taxi rides, and those claims got rejected.  No big deal, but a good lesson... ALL receipts!!)

I wish we had not needed to make those claims and didn't have those trip cancellations or interruptions.

GC