Does Celebrity offer a soft drink package anymore?

volk904

Looking over the pre cruise offers.  Looks like they have raised the price a lot on the non alcohol package that includes premium water and coffee. Do they no longer offer a soft drink only package?   

All of the drink packages have jumped up in cost about 2 weeks ago (among other cost-cuts and added fees for onboard service). "Zero-Proof" is now the only non-alcoholic drink package option, with a price of $30.00/day, plus 20% gratuity.

If you are loyal to one particular soft drink, you may see better savings by carrying on a 12-pack of cans if that will hold you over.

7 hours ago, kguerriero said:

All of the drink packages have jumped up in cost about 2 weeks ago (among other cost-cuts and added fees for onboard service). "Zero-Proof" is now the only non-alcoholic drink package option, with a price of $30.00/day, plus 20% gratuity.

If you are loyal to one particular soft drink, you may see better savings by carrying on a 12-pack of cans if that will hold you over.

Will Celebrity allow us to bring a 12 pack onboard with our carry on?

31 minutes ago, Dave Judy said:

Will Celebrity allow us to bring a 12 pack onboard with our carry on?

I would suggest a 12 pack of 17 oz bottles.

I say that because that is the limit that Royal Carribean allows.  As everything is changing no one really knows for sure what will happen.  Previously Celebrity did not have a limit. I have not found anything on their web site or in the guest contract that says you can't bring on soda.

However, as Celebrity is moving to this model of enhanced revenue generation, they may put a limit on it tomorrow to force people to pay onboard.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, kguerriero said:

I was considering buy a Zero Proof package for my kids on our upcoming 7 night sailing. $453 for both of them. Even they told me not to do it and they generally spend our money freely. It was the first time I ever saw my 16 year old do a cost analysis of any purchase. 

image.png.8caa6b2d743feab3d6882b54e16f0d86.png

Edited by Los_Pepes

6 minutes ago, Los_Pepes said:

I was considering buy a Zero Proof package for my kids on our upcoming 7 night sailing. $453 for both of them. Even they told me not to do it and they generally spend our money freely. It was the first time I ever saw my 16 year old do a cost analysis of any purchase. 

If all you are going to drink is soda you would need something like 5 or 6 sodas a day for it to make sense.

For my upcoming cruise I bought the classic non-alcoholic package ($14 pp/pd + grats) before the change, assuming that Celebrity still honors the purchase.  I thought even that might or might not be worth it given what we use daily plus in port days we are off the ship quite a bit so the package goes wasted.

5 minutes ago, LB_NJ said:

If all you are going to drink is soda you would need something like 5 or 6 sodas a day for it to make sense.

For my upcoming cruise I bought the classic non-alcoholic package ($14 pp/pd + grats) before the change, assuming that Celebrity still honors the purchase.  I thought even that might or might not be worth it given what we use daily plus in port days we are off the ship quite a bit so the package goes wasted.

They didn't offer the soda package when I looked. We only have 1 sea day so if they buy a couple of drinks on board it won't kill me. 

2 hours ago, LB_NJ said:

I would suggest a 12 pack of 17 oz bottles.

I say that because that is the limit that Royal Carribean allows.  As everything is changing no one really knows for sure what will happen.  Previously Celebrity did not have a limit. I have not found anything on their web site or in the guest contract that says you can't bring on soda.

However, as Celebrity is moving to this model of enhanced revenue generation, they may put a limit on it tomorrow to force people to pay onboard.

I am not sure if this has always been there however one of the FAQs says:

The following are examples of items that guests are not allowed to bring onboard. These and other similar items will be confiscated upon being found. Alcoholic beverages, illegal drugs, flammable liquids, explosives, and dangerous chemicals will not be returned.

Firearms & Ammunition, including realistic replicas.
*Sharp Objects, including knives and scissors.
Illegal Drugs & Substances
**Aerial Drones
Candles & Incense
***Coffee Makers, Clothes Irons, & Hot Plates
Baseball Bats, Hockey Sticks, Cricket Bats, Bows & Arrows
Skateboards & Surfboards
Martial Arts Gear
Self-Defense Gear, including handcuffs, pepper spray, night sticks.
Flammable Liquids and Explosives, including lighter fluid and fireworks.
HAM Radios
Hookahs & Water Hookah Pipes.
Electrical Extension Cords
Dangerous Chemicals, including bleach and paint.
****Alcoholic and Non-Alcoholic Beverages
Potentially hazardous food and/or food that requires refrigeration. 

Just stumbled across this and noticed it said you couldn't bring Non-Alcoholic Beverages onboard.  I added the Bold/underlining.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, WillWorkToTravel said:

Does anyone know if plain water, basic coffee and basic tea are provided on Celebrity cruises?

Is Juice provided with breakfast?

It used to be.  With all the changes that have taken place in the past week or two, who knows what will happen going forward.  Unless they change the machines in OVC and the Mast Grill I don't see how they could charge for it without stationing an attendant next to each machine.  They did offer 4 kind of juice/non-carbonated beverages in the drink dispenser in OVC that changed from meal to meal.

55 minutes ago, dreamer321 said:

It used to be.  With all the changes that have taken place in the past week or two, who knows what will happen going forward.  Unless they change the machines in OVC and the Mast Grill I don't see how they could charge for it without stationing an attendant next to each machine.  They did offer 4 kind of juice/non-carbonated beverages in the drink dispenser in OVC that changed from meal to meal.

Also lemonade.

Celebrity is just pricing things to high.  Really a turn off to me and I like Celebrity    Wish I had booked the all inclusive now. The zero proof only deal at $30 per day includes to much stuff.  Royal offers soft drinks for under $12 per day usually under $10 in advance.  Why would anyone spend $30 a day so kids can have soft drinks?