Hub App Questions

RumpunchGirl

It's $5/cruise for each person who sets it up. You download the hub app, put your phone in airplane mode and connect to the ship's wifi, and follow the instructions to activate it. The cost will be charged to your onboard account. Then you can search anyone else who has it activated and add them to your contacts within the app for messaging, and there are options to make group chats too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mic101680 said:

It's $5/cruise for each person who sets it up. You download the hub app, put your phone in airplane mode and connect to the ship's wifi, and follow the instructions to activate it. The cost will be charged to your onboard account. Then you can search anyone else who has it activated and add them to your contacts within the app for messaging, and there are options to make group chats too.

Do you get some kind of notification when someone sends you a chat message or do you have to keep checking?

15 hours ago, jagoffee said:

Do you get some kind of notification when someone sends you a chat message or do you have to keep checking?

You don't get a notification and that is my first issue with it. It works sometimes and sometimes it doesn't and it doesn't seem to be ship specific. I've given up on it totally. We just bite the bullet and get one Premium and one Social and use Messenger. Notifications never miss on Messenger.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vamartha said:

You don't get a notification and that is my first issue with it. It works sometimes and sometimes it doesn't and it doesn't seem to be ship specific. I've given up on it totally. We just bite the bullet and get one Premium and one Social and use Messenger. Notifications never miss on Messenger.

You have to keep the app running in the back ground. You can't clear it off of your phone or it won't pop up

• Like 1

21 hours ago, jagoffee said:

If it's working correctly, then yes, you should get a sound and you'll see an icon at the top of your screen (like you would with other app or text notifications). However, like others have already said, more often that not, it doesn't give you the notifications. Sometimes closing and reopening the app helps, sometimes uninstalling and reinstalling helps (which is what guest services will usually tell you to do if there are problems), but nothing is fool-proof. And I'm not one to look at my phone every 3 seconds, so I usually will get the messages but not see them until well after they're relevant.

• Like 1