RCCL It shouldn’t be this hard!

We have a wonderful family cruise booked to Alaska this summer. I have my nieces all linked to me so that I may treat them to excursions etc. every time I try to reserve something, I get the error different booking currency or group I’d.   I have only called 3 times to get this resolved and on hold now trying the fourth time!  why is this so hard!  Never again RCCL. 

13 minutes ago, Royally Ready to cruise said:

We have a wonderful family cruise booked to Alaska this summer. I have my nieces all linked to me so that I may treat them to excursions etc. every time I try to reserve something, I get the error different booking currency or group I’d.   I have only called 3 times to get this resolved and on hold now trying the fourth time!  why is this so hard!  Never again RCCL. 

I've got a group of 8 sailing on Oasis in August and had no problem booking specialty dining.  Are you sure the other cabins/reservations are linked.  When you bring up your booking, do you see their reservations #, etc.

Even though I asked the Royal agent on board when I booked 4 cabins to link them, they were in essence not linked.  I had to manually enter their reservations # by clicking missing reservations.

Yes they show as linked to me when I log in.  Well after 4 different departments and 4 calls later, I have my answer. They have to book the excursions for me as the first 5 cabins have a group ID and the last 3 we added don’t, RCCL will have to book anything for us.  I don’t mind this, just would have caused less hassle if the group dept and reservations and web site assistance could have told me this 3 calls ago. Thanks everyone for letting me vent. Lol. happy sailing 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Royally Ready to cruise said:

This happens a lot, and. no one at Royal can explain why. 
You have to just call to book things together sometimes.