Viking World cruise

Achyut55

7 hours ago, Achyut55 said:

We are planning to take the Viking world cruise in 2025. We are vegetarians and do not eat fish but do eat dairy products. What are our food choices for a 121 day cruise. 

Thanks

Welcome to Cruise Critic. While I can't provide specific examples, I can assure you that Viking take food restrictions and allergies seriously.

You have the ability to make these notations pre-boarding, but once onboard I would meet with the restaurant manager to discuss your needs and the galley will ensure you have options available. They normally provide menus a day ahead.

In addition to asking on the current live thread, write to tellus@vikingcruises.com. Tell then that you are looking at the 2025 world cruise and that you are vegetarian and are concerned about variety and nutrition on such a long journey. . Ask if someone would call you to answer your questions about vegetarian options on board the ship.

I have noticed that Viking has increased their plant based options from wha5 I have seen in previous cruises in all the restaurants we have hit (which is, all but CT).  Even their gelatos have gotten a makeover in their offerings.

We’re on what is currently the 2022 world cruise … sadly we’re getting off in LA.  Every lunch and dinner menu has at least one vegetarian option … sometimes tow.  Here’s a picture of tonight’s selection. 

557EE9C1-59E7-45FD-8A4B-0D25B314415F.jpeg

When we were on our last Viking cruise, we were contacted by, I believe, the restaurant manager (could have been a different title, but definitely someone in authority) by phone on our first day. We are generally vegetarian as well, though occasionally we will eat fish (no shellfish). The manager had a menu of the evening's offerings sent to our room every day so that we could make our selections or tell them if we wanted something changed to accommodate our needs. If we had reservations in the specialty restaurant, that menu was sent to us for comments. We gave our marked up menus to The Restaurant host at breakfast and our preferences were always accomodated. We had one of the best vegetarian meals ever at Chef's Table one night. I do have say that, more often than not, their vegetarian selections already on the menu were our choice. There was always a good selection at lunch at the buffet of items we could eat. Unfortunately, pasta, pizza and gelato are weaknesses of mine though they did have healthier vegetarian selections as well. I envy you the world cruise. Enjoy!

• Like 1