Drink packages

misha1

For the first time ever, we will be purchasing our drink packages while on board.  For the first time ever, we have a non-drinker in the cabin (but he enjoys virgin bloody Marys, Cafe al Bacio, 0 alcohol beer, sparkling waters).  Can 1 person in the cabin purchase premium package and the other passenger get a non-alcohol package?

35 minutes ago, misha1 said:

For the first time ever, we will be purchasing our drink packages while on board.  For the first time ever, we have a non-drinker in the cabin (but he enjoys virgin bloody Marys, Cafe al Bacio, 0 alcohol beer, sparkling waters).  Can 1 person in the cabin purchase premium package and the other passenger get a non-alcohol package?

Short answer, yes he can purchase the Zero proof package, he just has to claim that he's pregnant. 😀

As Jelayne points out in the link there are a list of exemptions to the requirement that both persons purchase an Alcoholic beverage package but he must purchase the zero proof package in lieu of one. You just have to request it, I doubt they will require documented proof of one of the exemptions as that would be a huge invasion of the customer's privacy.

Just now, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

He could claim alcoholism or a medication that does not allow alcohol consumption.

That's why I added "As Jelayne points out in the link there are a list of exemptions to the requirement that both persons purchase an Alcoholic beverage package"

The line about him claiming to be pregnant was just my lame excuse of a joke, hence the smiley face.

• Like 1