“the Big One”! World Cruise on Sojourn

shark b8

Bus rides were a little long, but well worth it, we really like the pre-Columbian stuff.  Upon arrival back on the ship, yes, whilst holding noses, all clothes were immediately dispatched to the room laundry bag - today we walked about 2-3 miles and climbed all those 3-foot-high stone steps, and the humidity was, oh, I dunno, I’m guessing here, but I’d say….118%?       give or take?  😅 

mmmm, shower.  shower good.  Ok, bring on the champagne.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I don’t mind long bus rides. I do mind guides who feel obliged to yap non stop both ways from departure to arrival, or fellow guests, who when the guide is finally quiet after 90 minutes of non stop yapping, feel the need to ask a question.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, florisdekort said:

I don’t mind long bus rides. I do mind guides who feel obliged to yap non stop both ways from departure to arrival, or fellow guests, who when the guide is finally quiet after 90 minutes of non stop yapping, feel the need to ask a question.

That and the guides who ask questions 3rd grad teacher style.

The First Mate and I frequently have a back-and-forth about which dining venue to choose for dinner each night, as I’m sure everyone does.  There’s one hard-and-fast rule though…….if the Colonnade has Indian Market Dinner, that’s it, no further discussion, decision chiseled in stone.

Per tonight’s Herald - tomorrow:

36415B1D-8BBC-4115-BE09-F07A1C9BD07D.thumb.jpeg.405ac8cb8390f4408cb72fffa32aabae.jpeg

• Like 4

By the way, if the group you pictured climbing the ruins in Belize were all together, they were definitely Mennonites.  You'd never see an Amish gentleman dressed like that.  Also when we were in Belize we were told most of the farms along that stretch of river were Mennonite.  They have a long history in Belize.   

• Like 1

On 1/12/2023 at 11:45 AM, shark b8 said:

The First Mate and I frequently have a back-and-forth about which dining venue to choose for dinner each night, as I’m sure everyone does.  There’s one hard-and-fast rule though…….if the Colonnade has Indian Market Dinner, that’s it, no further discussion, decision chiseled in stone.

Per tonight’s Herald - tomorrow:

36415B1D-8BBC-4115-BE09-F07A1C9BD07D.thumb.jpeg.405ac8cb8390f4408cb72fffa32aabae.jpeg

I think there's a reasonable chance if you miss the Indian Market Dinner this time that you'll see it again .. oh about 19 more times. To be fair, the Indian one is my favourite of all the colonnade specials.