Odd question maybe!

uneamie

I am going to buy myself a nice Yeti Water bottle and body holder for it. If I am out and about in Bermuda, our destination for our cruise, and I get myself a cocktail that I can't finish or want to get one to put in my bottle as we travel around the island.....when I return to the ship do I have to empty it out if there is alcohol in it or will they let me take it back on? If I can't take it back on I would then hesitate to buy an expensive drink if I have to end up tossing before boarding. Do they open all water bottles and check what's in them? 

Edited by uneamie

In April, my husband forgot he had two small Mexican Cokes in his bag (NCL was still serving Pepsi, blech). When we got back on board from our Bermuda day, security didn't say anything. Now if we were toting around a 12 pack of Coke, I'm guessing they'd have a bit more to say.

And to actually answer your question! I did this and had no issues coming back on board. My water bottle was full and no one looked at it.

Edited by cruiseny4life
aactually answering the question instead of blabbing
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, uneamie said:

I am going to buy myself a nice Yeti Water bottle and body holder for it. If I am out and about in Bermuda, our destination for our cruise, and I get myself a cocktail that I can't finish or want to get one to put in my bottle as we travel around the island.....when I return to the ship do I have to empty it out if there is alcohol in it or will they let me take it back on? If I can't take it back on I would then hesitate to buy an expensive drink if I have to end up tossing before boarding. Do they open all water bottles and check what's in them? 

I would comment that in the US, traveling with an open container in a vehicle would be against the law. In some tourist locations in the US, law enforcement target tourists for these types of violations (easy money)

• Like 1

16 hours ago, uneamie said:

We have been on two Bermuda cruises in recent years and always brought back with us our personal water bottles which I am sure had some liquid left in them from time to time.   We never had an issue and honestly, never thought about it.    The only thing I remember seeing pulled from some passengers are the bottles of sand.    Lots of sand this past September.

• Like 1

While I’ve never been to Bermuda, they have laws against open containers in public. I don’t know if I would feel comfortable pouring my drink into my cup and leaving an establishment. My son got a fine here in the US near his college campus (which is well policed). Fortunately they lowered the charge to littering and was reduced to $500.

• Like 1

On our Mexican Riviera cruise on the Star (2019) it was 80+ degrees and they made you empty your disposable water bottle on the way to check in.  Bags were really searched.   I haven't seen that at all ports but that one was on a mission.    

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

I would comment that in the US, traveling with an open container in a vehicle would be against the law. In some tourist locations in the US, law enforcement target tourists for these types of violations (easy money)

I would think that would be for alcohol only....can't imagine it would against any law to carry a water bottle. I know you can't have an open alcohol bottle in any vehicle here in the US. 

20 hours ago, cruiseny4life said:

April, my husband forgot he had two small Mexican Cokes in his bag

Customs official: Anything to declare?

You: Just some coke we got in Mexico. That’s not a problem, is it?

• Like 1
  • Haha 5