Where to get Covid tests in San Pedro, Ca.?

Jemnibabe

3 minutes ago, L&S80 said:

What is a Enhanced voyage? Not sure I've heard of that..........

Just want to make sure.......have a cruise out of Seattle in September & want to be ready.

Thanks....................

Sharon

Our Enhanced cruise leaves from LA and is a 28 day to Hawaii/Tahiti/South Pacific.  Guess they call it that due to the length.

5 minutes ago, Jemnibabe said:

Thank you so much for your suggestions.  I already looked them all up and a couple sound promising but think I will do as Pac suggested and get it done at home here in Florida the day before I fly out to Ca.  In the midst of dealing with Hurricane Ian's damages and just don't need one more thing to worry about.  LOL  Wow, do I need this cruise.

I know what you are going through as we did the same. Lot of searching on the website and then we decided to do our own testing.  You should also check Princess website to see if testing is available at port. 

Edited by DHP1

4 minutes ago, L&S80 said:

Just want to make sure.......have a cruise out of Seattle in September & want to be ready.

Sharon

Read the post at the beginning, which @DHP1 gave from the PCL website.

If you click on Enhanced voyages, you’ll see a list of the cruises that require vax and testing.  Most

of the restrictions are related to those cruises.

https://www.princess.com/plan/cruise-with-confidence/cruise-health/frequently-asked-questions/us-cruises/

The current FAQ for Enhanced Voyages indicates that you can take a self -test and take a photo of the negative test along side your government issued photo ID and the date and time of the test. Or you can do a test through a test facility. See the link or text below for the exact verbiage set forth by Princess. 

here’s the link https://www.princess.com/plan/cruise-with-confidence/cruise-health/frequently-asked-questions/us-cruises/

here is the relevant FAQ text:

1C9CFEBD-F18E-4E60-9BD8-2D55CE83702A.thumb.jpeg.e10afbc86641dc1c9f964cf83e8532c9.jpeg

Edited by Shelly97060

6 minutes ago, Shelly97060 said:

The current FAQ for Enhanced Voyages indicates that you can take a self -test and take a photo of the negative test along side your government issued photo ID and the date and time of the test. Or you can do a test through a test facility. See the link or text below for the exact verbiage set forth by Princess. 

here’s the link https://www.princess.com/plan/cruise-with-confidence/cruise-health/frequently-asked-questions/us-cruises/

here is the relevant FAQ text:

1C9CFEBD-F18E-4E60-9BD8-2D55CE83702A.thumb.jpeg.e10afbc86641dc1c9f964cf83e8532c9.jpeg

I am so glad you brought this up!

Would you go by this dated Dec 19th or by the CruiseHealth tool for the specific voyage dated Dec 2nd?

Princess

Health Protocols

Enhanced Protocols

This specific booking and/or voyage follows our COVID-19 Enhanced Protocols for vaccination and testing requirements.

Vaccination Requirements

• All guests 18 years of age and older must be fully vaccinated. A booster dose is required for guests 18 years of age and older whose final dose of an approved/authorized COVID-19 vaccine is older than 5 months.
  • Only one booster dose is needed to be considered boosted.
  • Guests under 18 years of age do not need to be vaccinated, have a booster dose or apply for an exemption.

Testing Requirements

• All guests ages 5 and older are required to take a medically observed COVID-19 Test. 
    • PCR or medically observed Antigen COVID-19 test taken within 3 days prior to embarkation, or
    • Medically observed or self-administered antigen home test taken within 3 days before embarkation.

The last paragraph:

Testing requirements:

States:

All guests ages 5 and older are required to take a medically observed Covid 19 test.

Then the last sentence says:

Medically observed OR self administered antigen home test taken within 3 days before embarkation.

Which is it?  Required Medically observed or self administered?  Contradictory statements in the tool and the FAQ on the website. 

1 hour ago, L&S80 said:

Sharon

I found this list for the enhanced sailings coming up:

https://www.princess.com/protocol/?voyage=enhanced

2 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

I am so glad you brought this up!

Would you go by this dated Dec 19th or by the CruiseHealth tool for the specific voyage dated Dec 2nd?

Princess

Health Protocols

Enhanced Protocols

This specific booking and/or voyage follows our COVID-19 Enhanced Protocols for vaccination and testing requirements.

Vaccination Requirements

• All guests 18 years of age and older must be fully vaccinated. A booster dose is required for guests 18 years of age and older whose final dose of an approved/authorized COVID-19 vaccine is older than 5 months.
  • Only one booster dose is needed to be considered boosted.
  • Guests under 18 years of age do not need to be vaccinated, have a booster dose or apply for an exemption.

Testing Requirements

• All guests ages 5 and older are required to take a medically observed COVID-19 Test. 
    • PCR or medically observed Antigen COVID-19 test taken within 3 days prior to embarkation, or
    • Medically observed or self-administered antigen home test taken within 3 days before embarkation.

The last paragraph:

Testing requirements:

States:

All guests ages 5 and older are required to take a medically observed Covid 19 test.

Then the last sentence says:

Medically observed OR self administered antigen home test taken within 3 days before embarkation.

Which is it?  Required Medically observed or self administered?  Contradictory statements in the tool and the FAQ on the website. 

I understand the confusion. I read it like this:  All guests ages 5 and older are required to take a COVID-19 Test. The test can be :

I am on the same March voyage and will be watching for changes to requirements but as long as self administered testing is listed in both the FAQ and the tool it’s reasonable to believe that’s an accepted option. 

Edited by Shelly97060

4 hours ago, DHP1 said:

Thanks.
We just came back from Australia and we did our “own RAT test” in our hotel room  (within 24 hours of embarkment) and had the test results within 15 minutes and then we downloaded the results to our app. We brought our own test kits from home (Canada which is acceptable for the Australia government to use).  At check in, Princess never did ask us for our test results. 
To do a medical assisted test takes time and cost plus, you may have to wait for the test results which could take days. Too stressful for me to wait. This bring back to many memories when we were looking for a place in Sydney (website) and then Princess changes the testing requirement. 
I submit the above on my personal thoughts on this topic.  I realize the person is asking “where” do I get tested.  Good luck I’m sure you will find a place. 

I am on the same cruise as the OP.  Our tests must be “medically observed”.  No “do it on your own” testing.

1 hour ago, spingal said:

I am on the same cruise as the OP.  Our tests must be “medically observed”.  No “do it on your own” testing.

Perhaps a medically observed home test from Emed ( BinaxNow test) would be a good option?  We have used them quite a bit when testing was required for all voyages.  They sell telemedicine test kits in 2 packs now.  Here’s the link https://store.emed.com/s/category/covid19-athome-test-with-verified-lab-report-emed/0ZG8c000000LZXk

3 hours ago, spingal said:

I was told the same thing, It must be an "observed test". We're going to wait till Feb, then start getting concerned. We have Emed tests to use as a backup. Princess really needs to clean up it's info.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Shelly97060 said:

I understand the confusion. I read it like this:  All guests ages 5 and older are required to take a COVID-19 Test. The test can be :

I am on the same March voyage and will be watching for changes to requirements but as long as self administered testing is listed in both the FAQ and the tool it’s reasonable to believe that’s an accepted option. 

3 hours ago, Yehootu said:

I was told the same thing, It must be an "observed test". We're going to wait till Feb, then start getting concerned. We have Emed tests to use as a backup. Princess really needs to clean up it's info.

Totally agree.  Who told you only medically observed?  A phone agent at PCL?

7 hours ago, Shelly97060 said:

And that’s the way it appears to read.

Just don’t like the CruiseHealth tool verbage.

Thank you again for your input! Appreciate it.

7 hours ago, spingal said:

Did they update your travel summary to reflect this?  
Ours still has the general verbage.

The CruiseHealth tool also still looks like general verbage too, dated Dec 2nd.

Does yours read the same as mine in my post #31?

5 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

Did they update your travel summary to reflect this?  
Ours still has the general verbage.

The CruiseHealth tool also still looks like general verbage too, dated Dec 2nd.

Does yours read the same as mine in my post #31?

I used the cruisehealth tool for our sailing.  It clearly states in the first sentence for testing requirements that the test must be medically observed.  The second bullet is confusing because it mentions self-administered testing.  Personally I am not taking a chance and plan to take a medically observed test.  The last thing I want is to be denied boarding because it wasn’t medically supervised.

B3E3D787-5107-458D-B2F9-E0AA315D164A.jpeg

6 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

Totally agree.  Who told you only medically observed?  A phone agent at PCL?

Yes, I was confused on wording so I called Princess. I asked if we could use the at home non monitored government issued Antigen test. Was told NO, it had to be a "monitored test". A monitored test would give you printable certified result that could be uploaded. A non monitored test would be a photo of test, ID, and time date. Princess states both eligible. 

Of course if I called again, I'm sure I'd get a different answer. We have a place in Long Beach and there's a lot of availability at CVS/Walgreen, and always our previously bought Emed tests. Just don't want t show up with wrong test.

49 minutes ago, spingal said:

I used the cruisehealth tool for our sailing.  It clearly states in the first sentence for testing requirements that the test must be medically observed.  The second bullet is confusing because it mentions self-administered testing.  Personally I am not taking a chance and plan to take a medically observed test.  The last thing I want is to be denied boarding because it wasn’t medically supervised.

B3E3D787-5107-458D-B2F9-E0AA315D164A.jpeg

Exactly. Seems this is a general statement for the Enhanced voyages.

Wish they would update this too.

There were a lot of complaints in December about conflicting statements on the CruiseHealth tool.  Those Dec guests received an email before their cruise, that clearly stated a self administered test was acceptable.  So, we still have time for that. 😂 

That was the same time that they updated the FAQ on the website, Dec 19th.

I’m just going to order more emed tests maybe 2 weeks before. IF I need to.

FYI

Our cruise to Australia had the same wording and we decided to do the “self test”. Then we took a picture of our test results beside our passport picture and downloaded to Princess app. At check in, Princess never did asked us about our test results. And when the ship arrived back in Sydney, 800 people were tested negative. Made the news. 
Lol. We’re off topic here. 

Edited by DHP1

6 minutes ago, DHP1 said:

FYI

Our cruise to Australia had the same wording and we decided to do the “self test”. Then we took a picture of our test results beside our passport picture and downloaded to Princess app. At check in, Princess never did asked us about our test results. And when the ship arrived back in Sydney, 800 people were tested negative. Made the news. 
Lol. We’re off topic here. 

What did your cruisehealth tool say?

The same conflicting information?

You mean’t to say…800 tested positive, right?

You did make the news…big time.

Off topic…partially. 

19 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

What did your cruisehealth tool say?

The same conflicting information?

You mean’t to say…800 tested positive, right?

You did make the news…big time.

Off topic…partially. 

Sorry, tested “positive”. 

Edited by DHP1

16 minutes ago, Jemnibabe said:

Besides taking a picture of the test with your passport, it also said the date and time.  How do you get that in the picture?  lol

Piece of paper with written Date and Time, next to the test result and ID.

🙃

1 hour ago, Jemnibabe said:

Besides taking a picture of the test with your passport, it also said the date and time.  How do you get that in the picture?  lol

I took a picture with my IPhone which automatically includes a time and date within the picture. 

Edited by DHP1

OMG!  I am a travel agent so contacted Princess and was told a self administered test is fine for the 3/17/23 28-day Tahiti cruise. I don’t know if I believe the gal I was chatting with!  I think I will wait for a few weeks and ask again.

Princess makes this so confusing!  I told the gal about the contradictory info so maybe she will tell someone to fix it.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, spingal said:

OMG!  I am a travel agent so contacted Princess and was told a self administered test is fine for the 3/17/23 28-day Tahiti cruise. I don’t know if I believe the gal I was chatting with!  I think I will wait for a few weeks and ask again.

Princess makes this so confusing!  I told the gal about the contradictory info so maybe she will tell someone to fix it.

I have emailed the conflicting information to one of the managers at Princess and asked for clarification ( using this exact cruise as the example).  I will report back on what I learn. Hopefully they can also help get the information updated to remove the confusion. 

• Thanks 1