New Shareholder...OBC Question

pirate4me2

Hello everyone!

So I did a thing today and bought 100 shares of Carnival stock. Yes, I know some of you will say it was an unwise investment move, but hey...I have a bunch of cruises booked, and the OBC would be nice on them! Anyway, my question is, I just purchased the stocks today, and our next sailing is February 26. I see that we have to submit the OBC request no later than 4 weeks before we sail, and that is coming up. I do not think we will have any statement or anything before then...so what can I submit to proof ownership? I bought thru TD Ameritrade, and I have a printout of the Account Overview, but that doesn't have any of my personal info on it like my name, address, etc. Am I just out of luck on this sailing? 

Thanks for any insight/advice you can offer! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, pirate4me2 said:

Actually, I see a similar post on page 2 about this, so disregard this thread. Sorry for the duplicate!

I think that's the thread I started on behalf of my daughter.  And yes, the brokerage statement acknowledging her stock purchase worked just fine.

4 minutes ago, groundloop said:

I think that's the thread I started on behalf of my daughter.  And yes, the brokerage statement acknowledging her stock purchase worked just fine.

Perfect, thank you!! I'll print that out tomorrow and email it in. 

Ameritrade puts your personal data on a different page of the monthly statement so you either need to send both pages or combine the pages.  A real pain.  Have had it rejected when I sent two pages and had to resubmit.

On 1/13/2023 at 4:09 PM, LeeW said:

Ameritrade puts your personal data on a different page of the monthly statement so you either need to send both pages or combine the pages.  A real pain.  Have had it rejected when I sent two pages and had to resubmit.

I had a rejection because of two pages. I ended up doing a cover page with the statement that they would be getting two pages of brokerage statement. One with name and one with stock verification. I also numbered the pages 1 and 2.  No problems once I started doing that. 

• Thanks 1

On 1/13/2023 at 5:09 PM, LeeW said:

38 minutes ago, Bevv said:

I had a rejection because of two pages. I ended up doing a cover page with the statement that they would be getting two pages of brokerage statement. One with name and one with stock verification. I also numbered the pages 1 and 2.  No problems once I started doing that. 

Thanks for the info on this! I will try and combine pages when we start getting statements from them. 

1 hour ago, Bevv said:

Was that a FAX? I just scan and then email a PDF file, no problems ever.

31 minutes ago, Bevv said:

No, it was scanned.  The person processing it just missed the second page I guess,.

That is all I do also. I put the info in the body of the email, scan the page with my account information and all the info handwritten onto the statement also. Never had an issue yet, but of course with carnival one never knows what will happen. 

On 1/13/2023 at 4:09 PM, LeeW said:

I printed selected pages to PDF (on PC choose printer: Microsoft to PDF)  as a single document, printed it then physically redacted the account number using masking tape and a sharpie (sharpie alone didn't really work).  I then scanned the 2 pages as new PDF document and emailed them.  Turnaround was less than 24 hours!  

Edited by rcrabb1513
  • Like 1

I'm guessing the really fast turnaround time is a result as they are only taking it for cruises between now and July... and there aren't as many new bookings in that time period anymore.

If/when they approve it for the next year in April, I'm guessing they'll be flooded with requests, and the turnaround time will greatly increase.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rcrabb1513 said:

I printed selected pages to PDF (on PC choose printer: Microsoft to PDF)  as a single document, printed it then physically redacted the account number using masking tape and a sharpie (sharpie alone didn't really work).  I then scanned the 2 pages as new PDF document and emailed them.  Turnaround was less than 24 hours!  

They have been quick lately. Before it was taking me a month or so. I just clip off the sticky part of post it notes to cover the account info, it works like a charm. Scribbling with a pen didn't work too well. 

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, PrincessArlena'sDad said:

I'm guessing the really fast turnaround time is a result as they are only taking it for cruises between now and July... and there aren't as many new bookings in that time period anymore.

If/when they approve it for the next year in April, I'm guessing they'll be flooded with requests, and the turnaround time will greatly increase.

That's a pretty good assumption to me. Went from one month down to about a day recently but there will surely be a glut in April, assuming it is renewed. I bought a lot of shares when I thought the stock was recovering a year ago so I need this benefit for about 100 more years 🤣

• Haha 3

Am I the only one who still snail mails this?😳  Anyway, still a fast turn-around time.  About a week and a half.  But then, most of that time was spent on the letter going from me in Maryland to them in Miami.🤪

3 minutes ago, ShakyBeef said:

Am I the only one who still snail mails this?😳  Anyway, still a fast turn-around time.  About a week and a half.  But then, most of that time was spent on the letter going from me in Maryland to them in Miami.🤪

Snail mail? What's that? 😝

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, skiorcruise said:

ShakyBeef,

You are not the only one who snail-mails things, I do also.

I also carry a copy with me just in case the credit does not show up on the ship.  But, I've never needed it.  Maybe I should join this modern technological world.

I carry on a copy, too.☺️

No, no, don't give in!  Resist the modern technological world!  Luddites Unite!😁

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, ShakyBeef said:

I carry on a copy, too.☺️

No, no, don't give in!  Resist the modern technological world!  Luddites Unite!😁

I got a Christmas card in March so there isn't much faith in USPS for me. I know email is not as safe as FAX but since the account info is redacted I am not worried. US mail is the least safe way of sending info in these days.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/19/2023 at 10:16 PM, skiorcruise said:

ShakyBeef,

You are not the only one who snail-mails things, I do also.

I also carry a copy with me just in case the credit does not show up on the ship.  But, I've never needed it.  Maybe I should join this modern technological world.

While I have embraced email I resist learning the texting lingo/emojis/etc.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1