Dietary restrictions / accommodations

LMaxwell

For Dietary restrictions / accommodations is it best to visit the Maitre D onboard on day one, or is there an email address to reach out to pre-cruise to send restrictions/allergies to? Or some other method that is most efficient?

email them at special_needs@celebrity.com.

If you check Google, there are links to download their special needs PDF, which you can send them.

Speaking with the Maitre  d' after embarking is also wise.

Edited by mom says
  • Like 1

I usually have a brief discussion with the Maitre’D and ask for a waiter that is really good at managing allergies. They always keep us with the same waiter. I would be as specific as possible. My husband has serious dairy allergies which we’ve learned  to describe as allergies to uncooked milk, cheeses and ice cream. This eliminates the chaos with butter, baked goods, and bisques. And eggs which are dairy because you find them in the dairy section…

It would be a very good idea to use the link provided by @mom says

We cruised in a suite in December and through the shoreside Concierge my allergies were conveyed to the ship.

After boarding at 12, doing the safety drill and leaving our carry-ons in our room, we went to Luminae for lunch. I was introduced to "my waiter" who was already well aware of my allergies and looked after me very well throughout an enjoyable cruise.

On another line, I have emailed the relevant department of the ship and if new to the line, met with the Maitre d' on the first day. After cruising for some time with one line, I would get a friendly response to my email confirming the staff were well aware of my allergies. 🙂

I have found all ships we have sailed on have been very careful, as they have no desire to be at fault for causing a severe allergic reaction!

As @cruzzzinma indicated, it helps to be as specific as you can when listing your allergies.

Enjoy your cruise!