Changing Cruise Dates- BEFORE final payment

jzad

Good morning!  I was wondering if anyone can tell me the best way to change a sailing we have booked?  We are currently booked on the Pacific Coastal in September on Eclipse.  We booked this while onboard a cruise in April and got a very good deal on a SV, All included (premium) and ended up with $450 OBC.  Our friends have decided to get married during the time of the cruise.  If we want to change it will we loose all of the perks we currently have?  Am I better to wait and change it until I'm onboard Beyond in February?

Any insight would be appreciated. 

Thank you! Janine

As long as you do not change your booking number, you would maintain your OBC for booking on board.  
You pay the prevailing rate for the new cruise and get whatever perks are being offered for that cruise.

if you have a NRD, you will lose $100 a person.  Some people have reported that they got around that requirement, but it did not work for me.

I would do it now.

• Like 2

Don't wait until you are on board.  The future cruise sales department cannot move bookings.  As posted above, keep the same booking number to keep your OBC from booking onboard. You may or may not be charged the $100. Our CVP has always taken care of us but could be the exception.

1 hour ago, jzad said:

Good morning!  I was wondering if anyone can tell me the best way to change a sailing we have booked?  We are currently booked on the Pacific Coastal in September on Eclipse.  We booked this while onboard a cruise in April and got a very good deal on a SV, All included (premium) and ended up with $450 OBC.  Our friends have decided to get married during the time of the cruise.  If we want to change it will we loose all of the perks we currently have?  Am I better to wait and change it until I'm onboard Beyond in February?

Any insight would be appreciated. 

Thank you! Janine

Best way is usually to call your Agent or Celebrity and ask them to change your booking using your existing reservation. 

If you booked with Celebrity you can actually do it yourself by selecting Change Room and then change sailing and it will tell you the cost and perks in the booking process.

If prices are the same you might be better off booking it while aboard Edge (unless that would put you past final payment).     You will get additional perks.   They are unable to change an existing booking on board and give you perks as they are only offered for new bookings.   They weren't even able to book a cruise I had on hold.   They had to do it as a new booking.