Did Celebrity get rid of the Classic Soda Package?

mpdog42

Looked at my Cruise planner for my upcoming cruise,

and its not showing my soda package and it's no longer

for sale.I did find it under order history..but when i clicked on Soda Package

It actually kicked me out...What Gives??

Thanks

Edited by mpdog42

Yes th ex got rid of the simple Soda package and replaced it with the Zero Alcho. At a pretty expensive price.  I don’t like it at all.  The Soda deal is good but not worth $25 plus unless you drink the expensive coffee or energy drinks.  

• Like 2

12 hours ago, volk904 said:

Yes th ex got rid of the simple Soda package and replaced it with the Zero Alcho. At a pretty expensive price.  I don’t like it at all.  The Soda deal is good but not worth $25 plus unless you drink the expensive coffee or energy drinks.  

As it seems that the following 'additional beverages' are of no interest to you, then purchasing sodas as wanted may be the better option?

Cheers and bon voyage

• Acqua Panna water
  • Evian water
  • San Pellegrino
  • Premium coffees
  • Red Bull and Editions
    • Zero Proof Cocktails, Frozen & Non

• Sodas
  • Premium teas
  • Aqua Spa Fresh Juices
  • Bottled Iced Teas
  • Vitamin Water

The soda package is no longer offered. They have also stopped offering the Taste of the Vines wine packages that offered wines by the bottle. 

The only packages available now are the complete beverage packages that includes all sorts of drinks. They have versions with and without alcohol.

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve recently become ware of these changes too and have now decided to cancel my upcoming cruise. Neither myself nor my partner drink and usually the soda package works well but now we will be forced to pay an additional nearly $20 per day which on a 9 night cruise will amount to an extra $360 not to mention the 20% gratuity added onto the package we won’t make use of. The prices of using wifi onboard have also ballooned up to an unthinkable amount . I’m finding that my dollars go much further sticking to RCCL now. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TomInLA said:

I’ve recently become ware of these changes too and have now decided to cancel my upcoming cruise. Neither myself nor my partner drink and usually the soda package works well but now we will be forced to pay an additional nearly $20 per day which on a 9 night cruise will amount to an extra $360 not to mention the 20% gratuity added onto the package we won’t make use of. The prices of using wifi onboard have also ballooned up to an unthinkable amount . I’m finding that my dollars go much further sticking to RCCL now. 

You can book a cruise only fare and carry some soda on with you when you board and pay for some  by the can when it is more convenient.