Status Matching

groundloop

3 hours ago, raphael360 said:

I didn't notice our access to the  "Rockstar Agent on Board" perk before.  Good to know.  Where is this Rockstar Agent located on board??

Fwiw, the wording on the website is a bit different. It says "Dedicated Sailor Services Support Onboard

For any and all of your needs, you'll have access to a dedicated agent."

Not sure if this is different than a "rockstar agent." Maybe just a dedicated line at guest services, vs a person you can message at your leisure?

1 minute ago, jon81uk said:

that’s for those in suites. 

with the Deep Blue Extras its just a member of sailor services dedicated to all those in the loyalty club. 

As I stated I have never been on a Virgin, you might as well start a new thread on here

11 minutes ago, mrak said:

Fwiw, the wording on the website is a bit different. It says "Dedicated Sailor Services Support Onboard

Not sure if this is different than a "rockstar agent." Maybe just a dedicated line at guest services, vs a person you can message at your leisure?

the wording of “rockstar agent” is out of date, the website is correct those with loyalty status current get a dedicated sailor services agent,  not access to a rockstar agent. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, mrak said:

Messaging would be an huge improvement over waiting in line

33 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Messaging would be an huge improvement over waiting in line

Anyone can message sailor services in the app. Although depending on the query in person can be easier for certain tasks, but we messaged on the app for a load of things and get replies within 15 minutes or so. 
Having the loyalty status makes no difference to being able to message Sailor Services in the app.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jon81uk said:

that’s for those in suites. 

with the Deep Blue Extras its just a member of sailor services dedicated to all those in the loyalty club. 

This is correct..and they are only available as a dedicated person a few hours per day.  However, at Sailor Services, if there are more than a few people in line, they'll open another desk for people with Deep Blue...or at least they did on our cruise.

• Like 1

I didn't know how to upload so ended up e-mailing them the relevant Celebrity page, and that worked.

I asked about my husband, said I couldn't find his number on line, and they approved him, too.

Hey, I'm thrilled with another $100 bar tab.

But the Deep Blue stuff confuses me....said I had to book a 3rd cruise by March (no thanks) - so what happens if we don't?

7 minutes ago, warmwinds said:

But the Deep Blue stuff confuses me....said I had to book a 3rd cruise by March (no thanks) - so what happens if we don't?

No one knows because they haven't announced it yet.  The status match Deep Blue Extras program was supposed to end 12/31/2022, but sometime during December it was announced that it was being extended until 3/31/2023.  The only thing they've said is that the new program they are developing will be based on both how much you've spent on cruise fares with VV and how much you've spent on board.  No more details than that.

I'm crossing fingers that the Deep Blue (or something better) will be available for my April cruise.  They've made so many inconsistent announcements  that there is no way to even guess what they'll do!

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, warmwinds said:

I didn't know how to upload so ended up e-mailing them the relevant Celebrity page, and that worked.

I asked about my husband, said I couldn't find his number on line, and they approved him, too.

Hey, I'm thrilled with another $100 bar tab.

What threw a lot of people off is it isn't AT THE MOMENT a lifetime status match.  Maybe they will change that and maybe not.  For now, if you book a cruise by march, you temporarily get the status perks.  I also would imagine they're hardly looking at the proof people are providing

• Like 1

On 1/18/2023 at 7:07 PM, cantgetin said:

I'm crossing fingers that the Deep Blue (or something better) will be available for my April cruise.  They've made so many inconsistent announcements  that there is no way to even guess what they'll do!

I just applied for Deep Blue Perks through status match for my April cruise.  They responded that it was denied because I have to sail by March 31st.  I was hoping they would extend it.  Maybe there's still hope!

• Like 1

Thinking of booking a Jan 2024 cruise. Since I just started looking at this, the status match isn't clear to me yet. Will it be worth submitting information for a status match if we will be booking the Jan 2024 cruise soon? Or will the match just be denied since the cruise is after March 2023?

3 hours ago, jame_g said:

Thinking of booking a Jan 2024 cruise. Since I just started looking at this, the status match isn't clear to me yet. Will it be worth submitting information for a status match if we will be booking the Jan 2024 cruise soon? Or will the match just be denied since the cruise is after March 2023?

3 hours ago, jame_g said:

Technically the status match is supposed to expire on 3/31/2023.  It has already been extended once.  IF it is extended to 2024, you can always apply later.  Supposedly VV is starting their own loyalty program, but we don't know when that will start.

On 1/27/2023 at 3:27 PM, jame_g said:

I would wait till after March 31 and see what Virgin does with their program. I have a cruise booked for Aug 2023, I just was approved for status match, but not the Deep Blue Extras, as my cruise is after March 31. If you aren't taking a cruise between now and March 31, it's not eligible for the Extras.

If it's extended, then I would apply, depending on how long they extend the benefit. 

Like everyone says, no one really knows what's going to happen after March 31, so just keep an eye/ear out after March. 

1 minute ago, markkw07 said:

I would wait till after March 31 and see what Virgin does with their program. I have a cruise booked for Aug 2023, I just was approved for status match, but not the Deep Blue Extras, as my cruise is after March 31. If you aren't taking a cruise between now and March 31, it's not eligible for the Extras.

If it's extended, then I would apply, depending on how long they extend the benefit. 

Like everyone says, no one really knows what's going to happen after March 31, so just keep an eye/ear out after March. 

I was status matched in November, for our February cruise, and at that time Deep blue was not offered. But in December, when it was extended to March 31, it was added to my add-one automatically. 

1 minute ago, AtSeaWithChris said:

I was status matched in November, for our February cruise, and at that time Deep blue was not offered. But in December, when it was extended to March 31, it was added to my add-one automatically. 

Oh nice!...Good to know!....I'm hoping it gets extended to at least August! We'll see!

Thanks for the info...

🤞

• Like 1