HAL Rotterdam Newsletter Question

DeedeeG

We're going on the Rotterdam in March and have a quick question: are the newsletters available anywhere in print form on the ship? I really don't want to walk around the ship with my cell (my idea of a vacation!). Thanks!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, leerathje said:

Newsletter?  Do you mean the printed When and Wheres? 

L.

Sorry, I think they are called The Daily Program now.  And yes, they are delivered in printed form to your room every evening for the next day's itinerary.  I borrowed this from @Crew News, as he was recently on a 7 day Western Caribbean on the Rotterdam.

RTDM-2023-Day-03-Sea-Day (1).pdf

Edited by leerathje
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, leerathje said:

Sorry, I think they are called The Daily Program now.  And yes, they are delivered in printed form to your room every evening for the next day's itinerary.  I borrowed this from @Crew News, as he was recently on a 7 day Western Caribbean on the Rotterdam.

RTDM-2023-Day-03-Sea-Day (1).pdf 1.13 MB · 10 downloads

Thanks for your keen eye.  I was able to update to the new "Daily Program".

• Like 1

3 hours ago, leerathje said:

RTDM-2023-Day-03-Sea-Day (1).pdf 1.13 MB · 18 downloads

Hadn't seen it before but I like this new format!  Grouping activities together makes it easier to see at a glance what's going on.  I especially like how they grouped the Music Walk venues together with their respective showtimes as well as grouping all the restaurants together with their operating hours.It would be nice if they also grouped the bars together so you could see their hours at a glance.

I agree, it's great to have the showtimes and restaurant/bar hours. And I'm thrilled they're still printing newsletters; I know some of the other cruise lines don't anymore, which means you have to walk around with your phone if you want to know what's going on. I sound old fashioned, but I still prefer paper at times!

Be aware, however, that what appears on the computer Navigator does not always appear on the printed Daily Program. 

On my cruise last summer I would wander into a venue and find an activity that was not listed on my Program.
 If you do have a phone, then it would be a good idea to compare it to the written program to be sure activities you are interested in are listed---or add them in yourself. Then you can go about your day with all the info, and without your phone if you like. 

• Like 3