MSC Status Match Program

tgg

On 1/15/2023 at 3:16 AM, dolphin1313 said:

To add a little more information to Host Jazzbeau's comment.  After not sailing with MSC for 3 years, you're status starts over again.

Everyone needs to check up on that. We were due to expire right before Covid hit, and they have changed our expiration dates many times. We now need to cruise before the end of this year. I have booked a December cruise to keep it current. 

1 hour ago, FlyerTalker said:

It's a matter of the credit card policies, not your travel agent.

Perhaps.  But when we booked through our US-based cruise agency the credit card transaction was immediately handled by "Explora SA USA" and it was entirely in US Dollars.  It also shows as posted in Ft Lauderdale.

Hank

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for posting about the MSC status match. I matched to my Hyatt Globalist status. The next morning I received my Diamond notification. My TA provided Explora my status number. Two days later I received notice of a 2 category upgrade + 500 euros shipboard credit.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mike@sea said:

Are you saying, it has been added to an already existing and confirmed reservation ? I have been told by Explora, the promotion only applies to new bookings, not to existing ones. 

I had an in process reservation. The deposit was not yet due.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/18/2023 at 7:35 PM, morpheusofthesea said:

Called our TA to check on this promotion. Found out that to change to a lower 2 category from what we already booked will cost us $200 each change fee and there would be a chance our cabin chosen would be 'lost' in the system and would have to take another cabin in the same category. So not worth the $100 from the $500 OBC-$400 change fee.

Good afternoon from the Explora board.

What date are you booked on? Looking at 12/13. 10 night. Ship and experiences look amazing.  May have to do a few of these when the ship is in the Caribbean. YC when they are not here.

On 1/18/2023 at 4:35 PM, morpheusofthesea said:

Called our TA to check on this promotion. Found out that to change to a lower 2 category from what we already booked will cost us $200 each change fee and there would be a chance our cabin chosen would be 'lost' in the system and would have to take another cabin in the same category. So not worth the $100 from the $500 OBC-$400 change fee.

Can you not upgrade to 2 categories above where you are now? Would that cost a change fee? If not, perhaps you can get a better located room and the $500 OBC.

1 hour ago, TER777 said:

Can you not upgrade to 2 categories above where you are now? Would that cost a change fee? If not, perhaps you can get a better located room and the $500 OBC.

Apparently the 2 category upgrade is only within categories. We already booked the top cabin, the Grand Penthouse , in the Penthouse category. Can not be upgraded 2 or even 1 category into the Ocean Residences category which are the next category above Penthouses.

5 minutes ago, Dr. Cocktail said:

Does anyone know if the promo is still running? It originally had an expiry date of February 24....

There is a new promo for those who are Diamond with MSC.  Just got an e-mail (yesterday) offering 25% off prices on quite a few cruises.  This essentially offsets the recent Explora price increases on those cruises.

Hank

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Dr. Cocktail said:

Does anyone know if the promo is still running? It originally had an expiry date of February 24....

Don't think this helps much...Booked Grand Penthouse for $25,400 on January 18, 2022. At the time of the sale announcement of 2 category upgrade and $500 OBC, we called immediately following day to perhaps go down 2 categories in the Penthouse category to get the lower price and move back up 2 to a Grand Penthouse. Or move us up 2 categories into the Residences. NO move up allowed into next category. And if move down the prices had already increased and was not worth going through the process for what turned out to be $100 total extra OBC ($500 OBC minus $400 change fees). The new price on the Grand Penthouse jumped that same day to $30,700. Sale is a 'slight of hand' gimmick.

Edited by morpheusofthesea

12 minutes ago, Hlitner said:

There is a new promo for those who are Diamond with MSC.  Just got an e-mail (yesterday) offering 25% off prices on quite a few cruises.  This essentially offsets the recent Explora price increases on those cruises.

Hank

Thanks!  I have yet to receive it .... I was looking at December of 2024.

3 minutes ago, morpheusofthesea said:

Don't think this helps much...Booked Grand Penthouse for $25,400 on January 18, 2022. At the time of the sale announcement of 2 category upgrade and $500 OBC, we called immediately following day to perhaps go down 2 categories in the Penthouse category to get the lower price and move back up 2 to a Grand Penthouse. Or move us up 2 categories into the Residences. NO move up allowed into next category. And if move down the prices had already increased and was not worth going through the process for what turned out to be $100 total extra OBC ($500 OBC minus $400 change fees). The new price on the Grand Penthouse jumped that same day to $30,700. Sale is a 'slight of hand' gimmick.

Thanks for your prompt response!

24 minutes ago, Hlitner said:

Hank

Could you see if the newly added Jan 24 2025 11 nt mia rdtp is included in the 25% off list? Thanks

10 minutes ago, frankhi said:

Could you see if the newly added Jan 24 2025 11 nt mia rdtp is included in the 25% off list? Thanks

Just found it (thought it was deleted) in my archive folder.  It was from MSC Voyagers Club and says "Exclusive Offer" for Diamond members.  "Enjoy 25% savings on 2023 sailings with your booking."  "Valid once until March 31, 2023."

So this will not help a 2025 booking.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Hlitner said:

Just found it (thought it was deleted) in my archive folder.  It was from MSC Voyagers Club and says "Exclusive Offer" for Diamond members.  "Enjoy 25% savings on 2023 sailings with your booking."  "Valid once until March 31, 2023."

So this will not help a 2025 booking.

I have booked my cruise under the two categories upgrade plus OBC. Do you know if, in addition one can benefit from the 25% discount to book another cruise?

Actually it should be possible right?

Ivi

Edited by travelberlin

46 minutes ago, travelberlin said:

I have booked my cruise under the two categories upgrade plus OBC. Do you know if, in addition one can benefit from the 25% discount to book another cruise?

Actually it should be possible right?

Ivi

Have no clue.  We are in the same boat (pun intended).  We also got a very generous OBC with our booking so not sure if trying to get an adjustment would be a good thing.  I think we are all flying blind since we are dealing with a new cruise line.  I will send an e-mail to my cruise agent, probably on Monday, and let her look into our situation.  But, the last I talked with her, we were the first Explora booking for that busy agency, so we are all going to learn.

• Thanks 1

Here is the wording under Terms and Conditions....I was told had to be booked within that March window. I don't doubt that prices were raised to offset this offer.

ELIGIBLE GUESTS

All Diamond Tier Members who, as of March 3rd 2023 until March 31st 2023 , have made a confirmed booking with Explora Journeys and whose Diamond Tier membership number has been validated. 

BENEFITS OF THE PROMOTION

Diamond Tier Members shall receive 25% savings on their journey booking with Explora Journeys.  This promotion applies only to 2023 Journeys and it applies to the journey fare only.

I asked what the breakdown was for cruise and taxes and was told by Explora ambassador it is not broken out just one price. Curious how many will take advantage of this offer.

• Thanks 3

30 minutes ago, travelwide said:

Here is the wording under Terms and Conditions....I was told had to be booked within that March window. I don't doubt that prices were raised to offset this offer.

ELIGIBLE GUESTS

All Diamond Tier Members who, as of March 3rd 2023 until March 31st 2023 , have made a confirmed booking with Explora Journeys and whose Diamond Tier membership number has been validated. 

Diamond Tier Members shall receive 25% savings on their journey booking with Explora Journeys.  This promotion applies only to 2023 Journeys and it applies to the journey fare only.

I asked what the breakdown was for cruise and taxes and was told by Explora ambassador it is not broken out just one price. Curious how many will take advantage of this offer.

Very interesting .... as Hlitner said, it's basically setting the clock back (more or less...) to the original pricing.

Still .... I am very intrigued and after getting off of Regent a few days ago, ready to try something new!

11 hours ago, Hlitner said:

Have no clue.  We are in the same boat (pun intended).  We also got a very generous OBC with our booking so not sure if trying to get an adjustment would be a good thing.  I think we are all flying blind since we are dealing with a new cruise line.  I will send an e-mail to my cruise agent, probably on Monday, and let her look into our situation.  But, the last I talked with her, we were the first Explora booking for that busy agency, so we are all going to learn.

I would just leave my current booking like it is. But under this new promotion I will see if I find something interesting for a another new booking.

Ivi

12 hours ago, travelwide said:

ELIGIBLE GUESTS

Didn't know that.  Thanks much.  With the potential BS going on in the USA based Yacht Club we'll take another look.  We were looking at a B2B out of Miami at the beginning of November (as recall) then the price jumped absurdly.  Will look again.

11 hours ago, Dr. Cocktail said:

Very interesting .... as Hlitner said, it's basically setting the clock back (more or less...) to the original pricing.

They've have had quite a number of price increases, were very proud to announce such in interviews as evidence of their demand and affirming the 'no deals to fill ships' line.  It was interesting to watch unfold as this was not their model with MSC Yacht Club which they undercut the NCL Haven by more than half for years and years.

https://latteluxurynews.com/2022/12/22/price-rise-for-explora-journeys-from-mid-january/

16 minutes ago, At Sea At Peace said:

Didn't know that.  Thanks much.  With the potential BS going on in the USA based Yacht Club we'll take another look.  We were looking at a B2B out of Miami at the beginning of November (as recall) then the price jumped absurdly.  Will look again.

They've have had quite a number of price increases, were very proud to announce such in interviews as evidence of their demand and affirming the 'no deals to fill ships' line.  It was interesting to watch unfold as this was not their model with MSC Yacht Club which they undercut the NCL Haven by more than half for years and years.

https://latteluxurynews.com/2022/12/22/price-rise-for-explora-journeys-from-mid-january/

I believe it is a smart move on their part to get YC guests to try the line and abandon the YC for some local cruises from the So. FL area.  Our January YC cruise was missing something. Not as good as several prior experiences.

The price now for the entry cat. cabin is $9400 less 25% = $7050. 10 nts. Dec. 13. How does this compare to the entry pricing before all of the increases?

The agents need to wait until Geneva is working to get the final reduced  number and have the VC number applied.

P.s. I see you live in our area of the state. Great for cruising! Thank you for the link. Very informative.

3 hours ago, At Sea At Peace said:

That was one of the main reasons we chose the YC over the Haven ...

We like the Haven more but couldn't resist the offers!

Their increased prices are very similar to Regent but Regent includes Air Fare and Shore Excursions.

It's all still a work-in-progress.....

I got the "Exclusive offer for MSC Cruises Voyagers Club Diamond Members: Enjoy 25% savings on 2023 journeys with your booking." So I contacted my TA re my existing booking. Would cost more to do this because of the price increase and I'd lose the $500 shipboard credit. Bummer.