Book for 2 and then add 2 more later? Or wait and book all 4 together

Here is the scenario - 4 people want to go on a cruise - ABCD - all staying in the same room - March 2023

A & B can definitely go. C & D have to wait to get approval with their work schedules and other life situations, but C & D really want to go and are trying hard to work it out. 

Should A & B go ahead and reserve a room to get a last minute deal? And then add C & D later if they can go?

If C & D are added later, how are they going to be billed? Does A & B’s balance change? I hope this makes sense…

P.S. I’m used to booking cruises for my family of 3  - never had to navigate this process with 4 different non-family adults

20 minutes ago, ARandomTraveler said:

I would book A&B in one room, and then if C&D can go, they can get their own separate room at whatever the price is at that time. 

I wouldn't risk my own pricing in order to wait for 2 people who may not be able to go. Why penalize yourself? I also wouldn't sail 4 adults to a room. 

This makes the most sense. Book the other 2 later nearby. 

Being prime spring break time, there might be much different pricing and availability for 2-person cabins than 4-person cabins. Note that even if you have two people in a cabin that can hold 4, there is no guarantee you will be able to be add more people later as the ship might have reached max occupancy. 

• Like 1