Restaurants near the Cabo Tender

tjcletzgo

On our last trip, we wanted something different and less touristy.  We walked and found Rico’s Tacos along the waterfront walk towards the beach.  Saw locals eating there.  Great food and amazing Mojito with tons of fresh mint.  A fun and different experience.  It was a hole in the wall kind of place, just a small seating area right across from the water.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Cruzbw said:

We go to Cabo often on a land vacation, and go to Solomon's Landing at the marina, a sizable but pleasant walk from the tender pier. We enjoy it there.

We do the same, always end up at Solomon’s

Great food, drinks and the view is beautiful.

1C7ED805-4EBA-4B3B-B7F4-940E8EA9E417.jpeg

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

It doesn't get much closer than Wizzie's - right there in front of the pier, you can't miss it; it's an upstairs restaurant.  Their nachos are bomb.  I usually hang out there while the family goes on an excursion that I am not interested in (they are doing whale-watching this time, March, and I'll be chillin' at Wizzie's with my nachos and a margarita ... or two).  

• Like 2

Solomon's Landing is a great spot and near the tender docks. Good food, and nice view of the the boats.      Essentially everything is situated around the marina, and there are so many restaurants to choose from.  The only problem will be how busy it is and how many cruise ships are in port.

• Like 2

On 2/7/2023 at 7:02 AM, mearsfansinboise said:

It doesn't get much closer than Wizzie's - right there in front of the pier, you can't miss it; it's an upstairs restaurant.  Their nachos are bomb.  I usually hang out there while the family goes on an excursion that I am not interested in (they are doing whale-watching this time, March, and I'll be chillin' at Wizzie's with my nachos and a margarita ... or two).  

Yes, the nachos are great, but so are the fish tacos!

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

I'm a big fan of Captain Tony's! It's just past Cabo Adventures by the natural history museum. They have a wood fire grill that makes some killer carne asada (or my personal favorite grilled, cheese-stuffed, bacon-wrapped shrimp). The prices at the restaurants at the marina are slightly higher than those in the city, but it's still affordable. And they have great service and a roving band!

Not sure how close it is but YouTuber Christy Gior has a video on her channel going to The Mango Deck. It is very touristy but looks like it could be fun. Anyone know how far the Mango Deck is from port if you're walking? If you want a calm sit-down type place it wouldn't be for you.

Mango Deck has a live cam on their website you can view for reference.  Best way to get to Mango Deck is by water taxi from the tender location (lots of options will be available).  Be prepared for lots of college age kids, loud music and partying if you go to Mango deck.  If you would like somewhere a little less frat party but still a good time consider "Sand Bar" its just a few spots down from Mango deck and has really cheap/good messages upstairs.