Allure embarkation times in Galveston?

swdke

8 minutes ago, swdke said:

How early can people begin boarding Allure in Galveston?  Do we have to sign up for a boarding time, and if so, when can we do that?  Thanks.

You sign up for a Arrival Time at the terminal when you check in. So, if you want to get an early time, check-in at midnight, ship's time. Early times are normally sold out within a day of check-in opening. 

General boarding will start around 11:30 am. But you need to get through the long security and check-in lines to get to a point where you can board (i.e., don't think that you'll be able to show up at 11:20 and be on the ship 10 minutes later). 

I  signed up and received a 10:00 arrival time when we checked in. Then we got an email to come an hour later than your scheduled time. I am now in our hotel room in Texas City and RCCL says don't show up until noon but not later than 3. It could turn out to be a huge cluster flop if you ask me.

9 hours ago, scottasp said:

I  signed up and received a 10:00 arrival time when we checked in. Then we got an email to come an hour later than your scheduled time. I am now in our hotel room in Texas City and RCCL says don't show up until noon but not later than 3. It could turn out to be a huge cluster flop if you ask me.

Even with the new terminal, RCCL really seems to be having issue handling a large ship in Galveston. 

22 hours ago, scottasp said:

I keep hearing about RC asking folks to show up an hour later for their cruise.  It has been happening for weeks now.  It sounds like they are trying to get things figured out. I would assume they would leave an hour too.  I think about the folks who don't get that email though.  I also think when you have people ignore arrival time windows, it creates a huge cluster flop too.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, slyster said:

I keep hearing about RC asking folks to show up an hour later for their cruise.  It has been happening for weeks now.  It sounds like they are trying to get things figured out. I would assume they would leave an hour too.  I think about the folks who don't get that email though.  I also think when you have people ignore arrival time windows, it creates a huge cluster flop too.

They sent that email for our cruise back in December.

I asked several people working at the port about why they asked everyone to come an hour later.

They had no idea what I was talking about.

As for as cluster, it was the easiest fastest embarkation I have ever had.

On 1/16/2023 at 9:35 AM, matj2000 said:

They sent that email for our cruise back in December.

I asked several people working at the port about why they asked everyone to come an hour later.

They had no idea what I was talking about.

As for as cluster, it was the easiest fastest embarkation I have ever had.

Agreed.  I wrote this as we were headed to port. We arrived at noon as instructed and breezed right on the ship. I never even asked what it was all about but it couldn't have been smoother. My only disappointment was the dead trees and plants in central park. It was so nice last year.

• 4 weeks later...

Just did my online check in and the earliest time available for Allure/Galveston was 11am (true for people in my roll call as well). In Florida, I see a lot of people saying they got 10am or 10:30am times, but Allure's disembarkation schedule shows groups still leaving until 10:30am (the schedule shows, even if it may not take that long all of the time). And some restaurants on board are open for breakfast slightly longer than FL sailings on disembarkation day. So perhaps everything is just pushed back an hour on Allure?