Where to stay in New York City leaving on Emerald Princess September 16th, 2023

123go cruise

There are 3 couple going on this cruise. We want to spend a couple days before our cruise. Probably flying in on the 13th of September. From what I see is that we will be going out of the Brooklyn cruise port. Should we stay in Brooklyn or Manhattan? Let us know what you think or have done. We of course will want to go on some sightseeing tours. We want to start planning. Any help would be appreciated. We will be traveling from Montana. 

Thanks, Mike and Sarah

20 minutes ago, 123go cruise said:

There are 3 couple going on this cruise. We want to spend a couple days before our cruise. Probably flying in on the 13th of September. From what I see is that we will be going out of the Brooklyn cruise port. Should we stay in Brooklyn or Manhattan? Let us know what you think or have done. We of course will want to go on some sightseeing tours. We want to start planning. Any help would be appreciated. We will be traveling from Montana. 

Thanks, Mike and Sarah

Also, check out the threads on the East Coast departures.  Helpful!

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/317-east-coast-departures/

Hi, we were on the New England/Canada cruise in September, 2022.  We stayed at the World Center Hotel 144 Washington St New York New York. 646-746-3509.

It was perfect.  It overlooks the 9/11 Memorial Museum and grounds.  They have a rooftop bar with an overlook of the 9/11 memorial.  The rooms were great and I am pretty fussy about hotels.  The desk receptionists were all very, very helpful and we were pleased with the whole experience.

Make sure you ask for a room with the 9/11 view.  We stayed 3 nights $727.63. (superior room, terrace, view).  We had a balcony with table, my sister had a room with a full view of the memorial site.

Be sure to make reservations ahead of time for the memorial if you intend to visit.  The grounds were beautiful and it was a very loving experience and so worth it.

Good luck

• Like 2