On board Coach store

txmommy2

1 hour ago, txmommy2 said:

Are prices comparable to other Coach retail stores with the only real savings being that it is tax free? Do they have any sales during the week?

Sorry, I don't have the an answer to that question as I don't shop at Cruise Ship brand name stores.  However, I do have a word of warning for you and/ot those that care.  "Tax Free/Duty Free" doesn't mean "UNLIMITED" "Tax Free/Duty Free".  I think the max "Tax Free/Duty Free" right now is $800.00.  Go above that and you get a surprise when you get back to the home port.  It's would be worth your time to find out what the limit is now if you or anybody else are thinking of high end purchases.    

• Like 1

Be aware….re Luxury Brands bags

My last 2 cruises with Celebrity, the Louis Vuitton (maybe other brands too) are marketed as __new to you___…I don’t remember the actual phrase they used, but basically it means refurbished bags/not new.  The bags looked perfect to my eye & I thought they were still very expensive.

Yes. I bought a purse on Oasis a few years ago (~2016) and the price was the same in stores on land.  I bought it because it was the one I wanted.  I carried it until this year when I got a new one for Christmas. 

19 minutes ago, joeyancho said:

Coach, Kate Spade, MK,  etc products are best bought at the OUTLET mall. 

Outlets carry "outlet" styles.  They are not the newest, current, or even ones that were ever carried in the actual stores.  My nicest/favorite Coash purchases have been in regular Coach stores.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, lasekeye said:

Be aware….re Luxury Brands bags

My last 2 cruises with Celebrity, the Louis Vuitton (maybe other brands too) are marketed as __new to you___…I don’t remember the actual phrase they used, but basically it means refurbished bags/not new.  The bags looked perfect to my eye & I thought they were still very expensive.

Louis Vuitton does that a lot.  Coach doesn't.

If you want a really good deal on a high end purse, go to Paris. You can get a Louis Vuitton bag for half the price as what you'll buy in the US, AND you'll get the tax refunded to you when you leave the country.

The cost of a round trip flight is still less money than 50% of the bag.

I wouldn't waste my money on a Coach bag from the ship. I highly doubt they're offering anything that would be considered a real deal.