Edge Dining & Cabin Questions

mlbcruiser

We’ll be sailing on Celebrity’s Edge in a few  weeks. I’ve seen a number of posts Indicating reservations on our sailing are pretty much impossible to get except for 5 PM or 9 PM. So I guess we’ll have to do the “any time/wait in line” style of seating. Most cruise lines automatically put strangers at the same table for traditional dining, unless a private table is requested.  However, with anytime dining it has varied by cruise line. (Royal Caribbean seems to discourage it while Princess seems to encourage it.) we much prefer traditional dining as we like being seated with others, and meeting new people.

What are the chances we can get seated with others at the four main dining rooms on the Edge?   

Do the menu offerings in each of the four main dining rooms change each night,  or are they the same each night? (I know the alternative menu options do remain the same each night.)

Re: cabins:  In concierge and other veranda cabins, on video tours  it appears that there isn’t that much closet, drawer or even bathroom storage space compared to Royal Caribbean ships in the Oasis and Voyager classes. It also looks like the closet is positioned awkwardly,  making access a bit difficult. Am I wrong or did I just get the wrong impression?

Thanks a bunch for any helpful replies from those who have experience on the Edge. 

7 hours ago, mlbcruiser said:

Re: cabins:  In concierge and other veranda cabins, on video tours  it appears that there isn’t that much closet, drawer or even bathroom storage space compared to Royal Caribbean ships in the Oasis and Voyager classes. It also looks like the closet is positioned awkwardly,  making access a bit difficult. Am I wrong or did I just get the wrong impression?

We are on the Apex in a sky suite.  There is plenty of closet and draw space.  There is a large double closet as you first walk in, and a separate closet just after the bathroom door.  Plenty of draw space in the bathroom under the sink.  Shelves as well.  In the room itself there are large draws under the TV.  

If you want to dine with others when you go to dinner ask to share a table. 

The storage in Suites is greater than in the other cabins.  We found the habging storage was adequate but the portion for long hanging items (dresses, skirts, etc)  was tight.  There was a good amount of drawer storage with 4 deep drawers and a few smaller drawers.

The bathroom storage is  very good.  

I see what you are talking about with the closet not having space for long dresses. My husband is tall and I usually like to clip his slacks so that they hang straight to help relax the fold wrinkle out of them from having been packed. I sometimes have dresses or other items that need a good deal of space lengthwise. We will have a regular concierge suite with the unusual “ extended balcony”. From looking at the picture, I would say Royal Caribbean’s Oasis and Voyager ships have better storage space in general. However, I can’t say for certain until I am actually inside our Edge cabin, trying to put our things away.(Boy, I hate that part of embarkation day, lol!)

Jelayne, have you had success being seated with others by asking? I really will be happy if that’s easy to do on Celebrity. It certainly didn’t work for us on Royal Caribbean. After a couple of nights, we switched back to traditional style dining. The only time we’ve done my time dining on Royal Caribbean again was when we were with some friends, and it made it easier for us to schedule various shows that conflicted with traditional seating times. Going to get my hopes up! 

Thanks so much to all of you for responding! 

Edited by mlbcruiser