3rd - 14th Dec. Britannia menu

Tablelamp

I have been looking at the evening menus in the main dining room on this cruise. Apart from the two black tie evenings,  Caesar salad and another vegetarian option was featured as a starter every night.  Prawn cocktail did not appear once.  I am wondering if this is across the whole fleet.

50 minutes ago, Tablelamp said:

I have been looking at the evening menus in the main dining room on this cruise. Apart from the two black tie evenings,  Caesar salad and another vegetarian option was featured as a starter every night.  Prawn cocktail did not appear once.  I am wondering if this is across the whole fleet.

It wasn't on Arcadia up to the 19th December. 

41 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

Presumably prawn cocktail’s no longer available, like steak and one or two other things, as an ‘unwritten’ option on any menu?

Steak and chicken are still available. Don't know about prawn cocktail as I don't eat it

It was available in the buffet with afternoon tea

• Like 1

Prawn cocktail is a really strange item to serve with afternoon tea.   I just love shellfish so I don’t really care what time of day it is.  It can always go in my cabin fridge.

Edited by Tablelamp
Spelling
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Harry Peterson said:

Presumably prawn cocktail’s no longer available, like steak and one or two other things, as an ‘unwritten’ option on any menu?

I thought prawns had gone on the endangered list so few of them appeared on Britannia at Christmas! 

• Haha 2

Totally agree, I could also eat in in a sandwich.  I also love Moule.   I think in England you call them mussels.  I hope they still serve these at lunchtime in the buffet.  I’ve not seen it on any of the main dining room menus so I hope they haven’t been withdrawn.

8 minutes ago, Tablelamp said:

Totally agree, I could also eat in in a sandwich.  I also love Moule.   I think in England you call them mussels.  I hope they still serve these at lunchtime in the buffet.  I’ve not seen it on any of the main dining room menus so I hope they haven’t been withdrawn.

I'm afraid the mussels also were no shows in my last three p&o cruises.   If you like shellfish might I suggest you try the Celebrity Beyond when she sails from Southampton next year.  When I sailed on her sister ship Edge in June last year Raw on 5 and the Magic Carpet offered the most stunning selection I've ever come across at sea.

2 hours ago, Tablelamp said:

Prawn cocktail is a really strange item to serve with afternoon tea.   I just love shellfish so I don’t really care what time of day it is.  It can always go in my cabin fridge.

We were there for afternoon tea, but lunch was still available.

They also do prawn cocktail buns. It was about a week into our cruise when my husband discovered these. We then went every day. He assures me they are delicious 

I find it sad that if you want an excellent meal you need to go to the specialty restaurants.  I’ve been with P and O for years and I found, going into the MDR was, for me, a wonderful occasion.  No cooking, an excellent meal and no dishes to wash up.

• Like 5