E-Z Air (Some Flights May not be in your Requested Class)

Dede F

I just booked my plane tickets thru e-z air on the princess website.  Two of the flights I selected had the reference of "some flights may not be in your requested class". My trip shows two of my flights in premium economy on United and it allowed me to pick my seats in premium economy.  I talked with a Princess rep to no avail as to what this exactly means.  Has anyone booked flights thru e-z air and flown their trips and really gotten a premium economy seat with no additional charges ? Any light on this subject would be appreciated. 

• Like 1

Can't answer your question, but a few days ago purchased premium economy to Australia (3 different flights).  First flight is a small plane that does not have premium seats and the other two will be premium seats.  We got the same message as you did.  We did price out economy all the way and premium economy all the way.  Big difference in pricing.  Did get to select our seats on all 3 flights.

I get this a lot but not in reference to Premium Economy. I book with United also.

If I book a Business Class to Europe - my first leg is on a regional jet and doesn't have Business/First class. So I am in Economy or Premium Economy and then Business Class for the next leg. Sometimes I get it when some are in Business Class and others are in First Class.

Just look at the details and it will show you what class you are in.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, simber22 said:

I just booked my plane tickets thru e-z air on the princess website.  Two of the flights I selected had the reference of "some flights may not be in your requested class". My trip shows two of my flights in premium economy on United and it allowed me to pick my seats in premium economy.  I talked with a Princess rep to no avail as to what this exactly means.  Has anyone booked flights thru e-z air and flown their trips and really gotten a premium economy seat with no additional charges ? Any light on this subject would be appreciated. 

And if you booked it…just go on the United website and put in your Airline confirmation number. Look at your reservation and select your seats. Better than requesting them through EZAir.

Also, I would download the United App and make sure they have your email and cell for notifications.  In case of Flight changes.

• Like 3

It happens when part of your journey is on local/regional flights that do not have the option of premium economy.

Example:

We are going to Australia next year and one option for (that we didn't take) had two stops, and one included a two hour flight without a premium economy section. At 6'2", DH isn't going to enjoy 17+ hours of flying with ANY of it being standard economy, so I kept looking 🙂

• Like 1

For our upcoming flight to Buenos Aires, we booked EZ air, LAX>Dallas>BA.  The first segment from LAX to Dallas was only available in Economy and the Dallas to BA was in Business class.  Once the flight was ticketed, we upgraded the first leg to First class directly via the airline.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, LACruiser88 said:

For our upcoming flight to Buenos Aires, we booked EZ air, LAX>Dallas>BA.  The first segment from LAX to Dallas was only available in Economy and the Dallas to BA was in Business class.  Once the flight was ticketed, we upgraded the first leg to First class directly via the airline.

Did you ask for early ticketing or wait until you saw that your flights were assigned their E-ticket numbers on your Travel Summary.

34 minutes ago, coo359a2 said:

Did you ask for early ticketing or wait until you saw that your flights were assigned their E-ticket numbers on your Travel Summary.

I requested early ticketing, but it was only 2 weeks before they would have been ticketed via the 45 day rule.

6 hours ago, jwattle said:

It happens when part of your journey is on local/regional flights that do not have the option of premium economy.

Example:

We are going to Australia next year and one option for (that we didn't take) had two stops, and one included a two hour flight without a premium economy section. At 6'2", DH isn't going to enjoy 17+ hours of flying with ANY of it being standard economy, so I kept looking 🙂

Yes we are going to Austrialia this year and we got business class for the two 14-hour segments, Sydney to Doha to East Coast.  It was worth the 10K for two tickets so we can get a cube in BC and stretch out! No way we would fly econmy on such a flight

• Like 1

It usually means that the type of fare you want is not available on part(s) of your itinerary. It is usually due to, as others have noted, a regional flight that may not have different cabins or a flight that does have different cabins but doesn’t offer the type cabin you want, such as Premium Economy. This seems to be your situation, though I’m not sure.  I’m thinking you’ re looking at charge for the other flights?

We fly United and Premium Economy is a different product than Economy Plus.  United will indeed charge you to upgrade to Economy Plus if Premium Economy is not offered on that section of your itinerary.  But the fare is also lower. Premium Economy is usually only offered on International and some US coast to coast flights, as it is a different cabin and, as of now, only an option on some aircraft.

Edited by milolii
  • Like 1