Boarding the Vista on Saturday…anything about this ship I should know?

RCmommy

Does anyone have any info or advice to share about the Vista?  This will be my 4th Carnival Cruise, so I’m asking specifically about this ship.  

I’ll take the good, the not so good and the in-between.  

Thanks!

1 hour ago, SCBarker said:

If you haven't been on this class, it's the worst main theater of the cruise line. If you want to watch a show in there, stake out one of the decent 12 seats early.

We will try to arrive early.

1 hour ago, Caps_Shield said:

Are you going to Grand Cayman?  If so could you report back any propulsion issues and if you actually go?  We go in July and from what I hear it is hit and miss.

No, we are not.  Mahogany Bay, Belize and Cozumel.  I didn't know anything of the propulsion issues.  Hopefully, we don't experience any.

• Like 1

The biggest challenge we had with Vista was the transportation from the airport to Galveston for a group of 6; 2 of them mobility challenged.

As you leave port, watch for the dolphins swimming/playing in the bay next to the ship.  Pretty sweet.  

57 minutes ago, marci4tony said:

The biggest challenge we had with Vista was the transportation from the airport to Galveston for a group of 6; 2 of them mobility challenged.

As you leave port, watch for the dolphins swimming/playing in the bay next to the ship.  Pretty sweet.  

Never seen dolphins from the ship before.  That would be awesome.

15 hours ago, RCmommy said:

Does anyone have any info or advice to share about the Vista?  

Hi @RCmommy🙂

Click on the link below for helpful Vista information.

Carnival Vista 

Ship Features & Public Areas Located @:

https://help.goccl.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1587/~/carnival-vista-(vs)-ship-features-and-public-areas

• Thanks 1

As someone else said, the theater is way too small. Many of the seats don't have the small tables the way theaters on other classes of ships do. If you play bingo, they give you a large clipboard to hold in your lap to put your bingo sheets on. If you're a karaoke fan it'll be held in two places. The Limelight Lounge which is a good sized venue for it, and the Havana Bar which is too small for that sort of activity. There were lots of people having to either sit where they couldn't see the singers or on the floor. If you like karaoke and it's in the Havana, get there early. 

It’s a great ship. Love Vista class. Vista/Horizon Skybox is my favorite sports bar in the fleet. People hate on the Liquid Lounge, but if you’re Plat/Dia it’s the best VIFP party spot in the fleet (the bar at the back baby!). Ocean Plaza bar gets often overlooked and does a great job. It’s the last Carnival new build to have a Red Frog Pub, which is a big plus to me (no offense, Flavortown). Teppanyaki is awesome. I really enjoy the aft pool deck layout. 

Alchemy feels way too small for the size of the ship. Get there early or stake out a good spot. Only Excel class Alchemy (meh) is harder to get a seat. 

Havana Bar is great, and most people I’ve talked to prefer this Havana area to other classes (I’m not that fancy). 

have an awesome cruise!

4 hours ago, Rudyard said:

As someone else said, the theater is way too small. Many of the seats don't have the small tables the way theaters on other classes of ships do. If you play bingo, they give you a large clipboard to hold in your lap to put your bingo sheets on. If you're a karaoke fan it'll be held in two places. The Limelight Lounge which is a good sized venue for it, and the Havana Bar which is too small for that sort of activity. There were lots of people having to either sit where they couldn't see the singers or on the floor. If you like karaoke and it's in the Havana, get there early. 

On the Sunshine in July, the theatre where they held the Love and Marriage show was packed.  I mean people were standing all over at the back. Top and bottom.

• Like 1

Any comments on the IMAX theater?  What is the cost?

What about refillable adult beverage souvenir glass?  Are they only offered for frozen drinks?

Have you seen onboard discounts on the specialty dining?  Where and which days?

Anyone purchase the cruise the vineyards package lately?  What were the wines listed and did they have them all available?

Lots of questions but search is not helping me much and really love this Vista thread.

Thanks.

If you’re driving drop your big bags off at the terminal with one of the porters and then park your car and walk/get shuttled back to the terminal with your carry on bags and documents for your cruise.

In the Lido Buffet area there is a stairwell that goes upstairs to both Ji Ji’s and Cucina del Capitano. It’s easy to overlook so not much traffic on it.

Cucina is free for lunch on embarkation day and is a good,out of the crowd place for lunch.

The traffic flow around the Terminal is prettic hectic at peak times with alot of pedestrians schlepping baggage and drivers who are unfamiliar withthe area—be cautious and pack your patience.

Enjoy your cruise!

Edited by dan4182

We won’t have to worry about parking thankfully. Using Lyft.  I didn’t know that about Cucina on embarkation day! That’s great.  Looks like we are doing Cucina once we get on board and then JiJi for lunch during the week.

23 minutes ago, happy cruzer said:

What about refillable adult beverage souvenir glass?  Are they only offered for frozen drinks?

Have you seen onboard discounts on the specialty dining?  Where and which days?

Anyone purchase the cruise the vineyards package lately?  What were the wines listed and did they have them all available?

Lots of questions but search is not helping me much and really love this Vista thread.

Thanks.

The only info I found on the imax theatre was a post from someone who said they watched a short nature-ish film, around 15m long. I believe it was $4.00 each.  Definitely not certain though.  I think I read that they cannot post what movies are playing..?

Edited by RCmommy

10 hours ago, happy cruzer said:

First run movies (Violent Night and Wakanda Forever on my cruise) were in the $12 to $14 range (can't recall exactly how much). They had some short Nature/Space type movies that I think were around $6 or $7.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rudyard said:

First run movies (Violent Night and Wakanda Forever on my cruise) were in the $12 to $14 range (can't recall exactly how much). They had some short Nature/Space type movies that I think were around $6 or $7.

Thank you.

• Like 1