B2B Rats tests still required?

sheba376

Hi All, Does anyone know if doing B2B's ie Sydney to Honolulu thru to Vancouver then Seattle, whether RCCL still does Rats tests on B2B cruisers prior to final port of each leg. Just wondering what would happen if we test positive on the first leg and still have another 2 to go. When previously on Quantum they advised us if positive we would not be able to continue on the second leg, which would have been fine as we were in our own country, but when leaving Sydney and going all the way thru to Seattle, this is a bit of a worry if they want us off.

Karen

7 hours ago, sheba376 said:

Just wondering what would happen if we test positive on the first leg and still have another 2 to go.

That will likely be decided on the ship at that time and it could go either way depending on the specific circumstances. 

I know on the transpacific from Honolulu on Ovation last October there were quite a few who had to get off in Honolulu after testing positive and weren't allowed to continue on to Sydney, plenty were Aussies who had flown to Vancouver to sail back. If you had already tested positive earlier and were towards the end of the isolation period then you stayed on, but if you were one who they picked up on the testing the day before arrival to Honolulu then you had to leave the ship.

19 hours ago, sheba376 said:

Hi All, Does anyone know if doing B2B's ie Sydney to Honolulu thru to Vancouver then Seattle, whether RCCL still does Rats tests on B2B cruisers prior to final port of each leg. Just wondering what would happen if we test positive on the first leg and still have another 2 to go. When previously on Quantum they advised us if positive we would not be able to continue on the second leg, which would have been fine as we were in our own country, but when leaving Sydney and going all the way thru to Seattle, this is a bit of a worry if they want us off.

Karen

You call them Rats tests? I am just curious, Covid probably, but what does that stand for? Thanks. ☺️

B2B cruises out of Sydney or Brisbane require on board Rapid Antigen tests, given by RCCL staff to passengers 1 day prior to the second leg.

Royal website doesnt give the info I'm chasing regarding B2B cruises, guess I'll find out onboard.

Not so much asking about the ports ie USA, but RCCL protocols. RCCL in Aust still requires Negative RATS tests when boarding a cruise.

9 hours ago, ShazM said:

I know on the transpacific from Honolulu on Ovation last October there were quite a few who had to get off in Honolulu after testing positive and weren't allowed to continue on to Sydney, plenty were Aussies who had flown to Vancouver to sail back. If you had already tested positive earlier and were towards the end of the isolation period then you stayed on, but if you were one who they picked up on the testing the day before arrival to Honolulu then you had to leave the ship.

Bummer, lets hope thats changed by May, just in case. Could be expensive if booted off.