Celebrity Gratuities

All bookings made on the Australian Celebrity Cruises website include ALL taxes, Charges & Gratuities - not just cruises from Australia but Worldwide - it is a Government requirement that they are all included.

40 minutes ago, resordanis said:

Thanks all. It was just that if I took the drinks package it said ‘gratuities included’

You get free drinks in the lounge cheryle.

You can jump across to the captains club and get access to the lounge.

10 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

Which lounge are you referring to - I thought only Elite and above had a few free drinks included between 5 and 7pm. 

Although gratuities are included in $AU pricing, this does not include bars or spa (18%). 

resordanis - assume the 'gratuities included' in the drink package refer to bar grats not the daily service ones.

3 minutes ago, Aussieflyer said:

Which lounge are you referring to - I thought only Elite and above had a few free drinks included between 5 and 7pm. 

Although gratuities are included in $AU pricing, this does not include bars or spa (18%). 

resordanis - assume the 'gratuities included' in the drink package refer to bar grats not the daily service ones.

I haven’t been on celebrity for a while but I believe elite and above get a happy hour in the lounge .

40 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

I haven’t been on celebrity for a while but I believe elite and above get a happy hour in the lounge .

I am Elite but haven't been on X for a while. In the past there was no dedicated lounge on most ships but free cocktails and canapés in one of the big areas in the evening. Looks like they have followed RCI and the free drinks are now available at all bars between 5 and 7pm (RCI had a max of 4 when I was last one them some years ago). I wondered why you were suggesting resordanis pop into the lounge when they looked like they weren't elite at all. That was just my question.

1 hour ago, Chiliburn said:

Yes, Chili, that was great last time we were on Solstice. Evening drinks were great plus a very nice breakfast too!

26 minutes ago, Aussieflyer said:

I am Elite but haven't been on X for a while. In the past there was no dedicated lounge on most ships but free cocktails and canapés in one of the big areas in the evening. Looks like they have followed RCI and the free drinks are now available at all bars between 5 and 7pm (RCI had a max of 4 when I was last one them some years ago). I wondered why you were suggesting resordanis pop into the lounge when they looked like they weren't elite at all. That was just my question.

Aussieflyer yes we are Elite!

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Aussieflyer said:

I believe she is diamond plus 

I understand from reading the Celebrity thread that the Captains Club Elite and above cocktails, beer/ wine & spirits are still available between 5-7pm at various bars across their ships, but they no longer have a dedicated lounge with canapés. Bit if a shame really because we had enjoyed that part of the experience in the past.

Ok. Just returned from 2 weeks Celebrity Sydney to NZ.

"Always included " package from Australia. Included were all gratuities, "basic " Wifi package and standard drinks package. We upgraded to premium drinks package. No further charges for any additional gratuities were made 

So with that already included beverage package, what's the stress about "free elite drinks" or cocktail hour???

35 minutes ago, buchhalm said:

"Always included " package from Australia. Included were all gratuities, "basic " Wifi package and standard drinks package. We upgraded to premium drinks package. No further charges for any additional gratuities were made 

So with that already included beverage package, what's the stress about "free elite drinks" or cocktail hour???

If you purchase the Cruise Only fare (generally much cheaper) the drinks are not included.  So the Elite Cocktail hour provides a couple of hours of drinks at no cost for those cruisers.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, buchhalm said:

Or as mentioned about the cruise only fare, why would you pay for a drinks package if you are getting a number of free evening drinks each day. The prices I was looking at yesterday were around $90pp/day difference.

9 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

I have be spying on you cheryle  LOL

Ooh, I am scared Chili🤣🤣🤣🤣 I have actually been on Solstice,,I have  seen a cheap short cruise and as I wasn’t quite as happy with Royal Caribbean recently, I think it might be time to try someone else and still get some benefits!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, arxcards said:

Or as mentioned about the cruise only fare, why would you pay for a drinks package if you are getting a number of free evening drinks each day. The prices I was looking at yesterday were around $90pp/day difference.

Totally agree Geoff, We can take 2 bottles, drinks 5-7pm and  if I remember the breakfast was fantastic and rivals the suite breakfast on Princess. The cruise is only 5 nights, so internet, no great issue! Will book today when I get home from Sydney!

Thanks all for information, including you Chili. Cheryle

PS Be nice to Gbenjo this week please, or I will about you in April when I see him again🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Like 2

20 hours ago, buchhalm said:

From what I have seen recently for cruises over 2023 (AU based) it seems to be only suites and AQ that have the 'always included' included.