Cooking Classes?

PJDH4

We will be on Celebration in April, and my teen daughter and I were looking at the various cooking classes offered - specifically the Tailgating, Pie and Cupcake classes. Can anyone provide some details about these classes to help us make a decision on which one to attend?  What exactly do you make or do at each class?  How long do they run?  Do you eat the food once its prepared or just make it?  Thank you!

1 hour ago, EngIceDave said:

Book while you can, they go fast

I can see that!  The sushi, BBQ and ice cream classes are all sold out for our sailing already.  Thankfully those are not classes we would be interested in attending.  We want to book soon, but would like some more details on exactly what we are booking.  The descriptions on the Carnival sight are not very informative.

We did the cupcake class on Mardi Gras a couple of months ago and it was a good time. It was about an hour long. You made the cupcake batter, but they actually had a pre-mixed batter that was actually baked. I don't remember what the reason was for that. You made your own frosting which you used and then topped with sprinkles and other toppings. You also made your own melting cake which was pretty cool. It was sometimes hard to follow along with the chef due to a heavy accent, but they would slow down if you had questions.

• Like 2

We did the pasta class on Mardi Gras and loved it.  It was one of the highlights of our cruise.  We’re sailing on Celebration in November and will definitely be doing another class.  

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, kinaida said:

Can I ask how you found the cooking class? We are on the Vista in April and I'm not sure where to see that information. Thanks!

They are listed under Specialty Dining on the Carnival site. 

I did the Tailgating cooking on Celebration in November. We made about 4 appetizer type foods.  There are two people per station, all ingredients are supplied and prepped mostly. The teacher explained what to do. Staff helpers take the food away to be cooked. It was fun…..you do eat the food you made. They will email the recipes to you if you provide your email address. We each received a red spatula to take home.  

• Thanks 1

We took the pasta class on the MG and thoroughly enjoyed it.  We have signed up for the pizza class on the Celebration in October.  One difference I have noted is that the classes on the MG were on sea days, now the Celebration classes are held on port days.  So pay attention to the itinerary when signing up for classes.  We had to choose between pizza class in the middle of the day and Cozumel. 

Not first-hand knowledge, but someone on CC had taken the pie class and said the baked pie was delivered to their table that evening. 

5 hours ago, kinaida said:

Can I ask how you found the cooking class? We are on the Vista in April and I'm not sure where to see that information. Thanks!

The Vista doesn’t have a Carnival Kitchen so won’t have cooking classes. For now the Panorama, Mardi Gras and Celebration are the only ships with the Carnival Kitchens. The Jubilee that debuts in December will also have the kitchen and cooking classes.

6 hours ago, kinaida said:

Unfortunately it isn’t available on Vista.  I think it’s only available on Mardi Gras, Celebration and Panorama.

On 1/22/2023 at 10:26 AM, PJDH4 said:

We will be on Celebration in April, and my teen daughter and I were looking at the various cooking classes offered - specifically the Tailgating, Pie and Cupcake classes. Can anyone provide some details about these classes to help us make a decision on which one to attend?  What exactly do you make or do at each class?  How long do they run?  Do you eat the food once its prepared or just make it?  Thank you!

We did the Tailgating Class on Mardi Gras. We made cheese empanadas, pretzel bites and buffalo chicken bites. It was a lot of fun and we got to eat everything we made. I want to say it was an hour? I can't exactly remember, but it was pretty cool. They sent us home with the recipes and a rubber spatula. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, mmtska said:

We did the Tailgating Class on Mardi Gras. We made cheese empanadas, pretzel bites and buffalo chicken bites. It was a lot of fun and we got to eat everything we made. I want to say it was an hour? I can't exactly remember, but it was pretty cool. They sent us home with the recipes and a rubber spatula. 

Thanks for info, I booked the tailgating class for our group. We will be on the Panorama for NYE and also celebrating hubby’s 70th birthday. Four couples are joining us so I booked the class as a party favor,  I think it will be a blast to do it together! 

• Like 2

Carnival Vista pre COVID - We did the Dewars Scotch mixology class - with lab coats, beakers and test tubes!  We learned about the variations, and actually created our own take-home pint bottle!  I hear they are not doing those anymore, but it was very memorable, and I still have my bottle to prove it!  🙂

We did the pasta making class on the Mardi Gras and the Tailgating class on the Celebration.  Absolutely loved them both.  The classes were about 2 hours including the time they give you to eat your creations. We made pretzel bites, spicy chicken bites and empanadas for tailgating.  Everything was delicious!  

• Like 1