Mini suite 3rd bed

SSAtlantic

We are curious as to the sofa bed on Royal Princess in a mini suite. Does the couch pullout like a true sofa bed or are the back cushions removed and the couch made up as a bed without being pulled out? We do have a twin mattress foam pad we usually bring on Celebrity for DD to use on a upper pull down. If the sofa is pulled out, can you fit past the end to the balcony? 

On Regal, it was the latter with the bed made up so that the head of the bed was one end of the sofa and the foot was the other with no pulling out or unfolding of a mattress. I assume that Royal is the same but I admit that I am not 100% certain. 

On Grand Class ships the sofa is a pullout. With the bed extended and made up, you can still squeeze through and get to the balcony but it is tight. 

Edited by JimmyVWine

1 hour ago, SSAtlantic said:

We are curious as to the sofa bed on Royal Princess in a mini suite. Does the couch pullout like a true sofa bed or are the back cushions removed and the couch made up as a bed without being pulled out? We do have a twin mattress foam pad we usually bring on Celebrity for DD to use on a upper pull down. If the sofa is pulled out, can you fit past the end to the balcony? 

On Royal class ships, the third berth in mini-suites is a flip over sofa bed. It's not a pull out sofa. The balcony door is completely unblocked when the third berth is made up..

Here's with all 4 made up. 5he bottom bed is the sofa bed ..

RegMinR51-78326-1477939035.jpg

Edited by reedprincess
  • Like 1

I have done a mini with 4 people on 2 separate occasions.  Both worked great.  The older ships had the flip out bed which blocked a clear access to a bigger balcony.  Royal class has the flip to the side bed with better access to a smaller balcony.  Bring some over the door shoe hangers for small stuff that wont fit in the bathroom and treat the closet area as a dressing room.  We even brought a curtain to hang from the ceiling there for privacy.  Don't forget your magnets.

• Like 1