Iona cruise review part2.

Yorkypete

7 minutes ago, amajaa said:

I see many are reporting being able to book MDR before you board on Arvia, we are boarding Iona soon and can’t see anywhere to book MDR. 

Has anyone been able to book MDR on Iona before they boarded? 

No we haven’t been able to on Iona either so not just you

• Like 1

2 hours ago, amajaa said:

I see many are reporting being able to book MDR before you board on Arvia, we are boarding Iona soon and can’t see anywhere to book MDR. 

Has anyone been able to book MDR on Iona before they boarded? 

I am on Iona from 11th Feb,,,booking for dining opens on 28th Jan.

10 minutes ago, amajaa said:

Is that the MDR or speciality dining as we are on 28th Jan and can’t book for MDR 

Hi…sorry it’s clear as mud but I suspect it’s for speciality dining.

The MDR’s say ‘No Booking Req’.

It says……..

As your safety and well-being is our top priority, we have enhanced measures in place, including reduced capacity online dining reservations.You will be able to make dining reservations fro 28th January.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Yorkypete said:

I cannot see many places being able to provide return flights for some 5,000 people.

They work around that. For example our 14 day Caribbean is two cruises at once. One lot embark at Antigua, the rest Barbados 7 days later and so on . Additionally with a day and night at one of the ports you further reduce numbers by staggering two further dates, a port day at the start or the end. That reduces  numbers technically to 1250  ..so 4 flights rather than getting 5000 folk home at once. 

I messed up in that the second part of our cruise is bloody half term😝...so at Antigua the ship will fill up with kids I dare say.

33 minutes ago, Denarius said:

The current 25/01/23 exchange rate is £1 = $1.24, which is not particularly low.

Certainly much better than it was during the Truss debacle, but as recently as 15 years ago it was 2 dollars to the pound and the broad trends have been downwards ever since!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Selbourne said:

Certainly much better than it was during the Truss debacle, but as recently as 15 years ago it was 2 dollars to the pound and the broad trends have been downwards ever since!

£ v $ is worth 12.5% less than it was 5 years ago, when it was around $1.45 mark

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Yorkypete said:

Thank you everyone who has highjacked this topic and created a food one.

You may recall I suggested some time ago the food stuff was merged with the dining on big P&O ships to leave this to other points.  The other posts were merged there so I assume it was felt unnecessary to move them from here.