Help fine tune these PC arrangements...my mind is mush

pudy68

We are flying into MCO on 8/3 and wondering if the Radisson is still the easiest option.  They have a "fly, stay & cruise" pkg, but it seems pretty pricey ($270 per room), and depending on whether you get an old room or newer, your experience will differ vastly!

At least it includes the transfers from MCO to the hotel, roundtrip transfers to the ship, and then a shuttle from the hotel back to MCO. 

[They only run 1 shuttle back and forth to MCO so it's a 2-hr timeslot. If we miss the pick-up, we have to wait for 2 hrs until the next, which stinks.]

Anyone made similar arrangements that we could consider before we book the Rad?  Again, we need the airport shuttle and port transfers.🤪

I would look at other hotels and rates combined with booking your own transport.  Lots of hotels in the PC area and several shared shuttle operators to choose from.  Cocoa Beach Shuttle, Cruise Control and CORTRANS are suggested regularly on this board. 

• Like 1

On 1/24/2023 at 5:05 PM, pudy68 said:

We are flying into MCO on 8/3 and wondering if the Radisson is still the easiest option.  They have a "fly, stay & cruise" pkg, but it seems pretty pricey ($270 per room), and depending on whether you get an old room or newer, your experience will differ vastly!

At least it includes the transfers from MCO to the hotel, roundtrip transfers to the ship, and then a shuttle from the hotel back to MCO. 

[They only run 1 shuttle back and forth to MCO so it's a 2-hr timeslot. If we miss the pick-up, we have to wait for 2 hrs until the next, which stinks.]

Anyone made similar arrangements that we could consider before we book the Rad?  Again, we need the airport shuttle and port transfers.🤪

The Radisson would not be on my list of places to stay.  We stayed there for years for stopped several years ago because of some issues.

All hotels in the Canaveral area are pretty pricey but check these out as they are all less than a mile to the port and much nicer…..

*Hampton Inn & Suites Cruise Port

*Home2Suites

*Homewood Suites

*Towneplace Suites

*Springhill Suites

*Residence Inn

*Country Inn & Suites

Check out these shuttles for transportation from the airport and then the morning of the cruise see if your hotel has a shuttle or just call an Uber

*Cocoa Beach Shuttle

*Cruise Control Transportation 

*Contrans Shuttle 

*GoPort

• Like 1

We've stayed at the Hampton Inn & Suites Cruise Port twice now.  It's only a mile from Terminal 1 and they offer a park/shuttle to the port because I saw the big sign in the lobby.  We always park at the port just for the convenience (especially when returning from the cruise and not having to wait with thousands of people for the shuttle).  I don't remember the price but it seemed reasonable. 

On 1/27/2023 at 7:05 PM, Bronx12 said:

We are staying at Residence Inn near MCO, and GoPort looks like it will pick us up at the hotel the morning of the cruise at 11am and drive us to the port. The shuttle cost is $29.99 per traveler.

$29.99 per person seems pricey for a shuttle ride.

2 hours ago, Marie51 said:

$29.99 per person seems pricey for a shuttle ride.

That must be a price for a shuttle between the airport & cruise port, not between a local PC hotel & cruise port.

Port shuttle from a PC hotel should be less than $10 pp.  A shuttle from MCO to the PC area will be approx $30 pp (& up).

My issue is that if we stay at a hotel near MCO airport, the shuttle will get us to the port, but not very early like we like to arrive. (It's at least 45 min ride from MCO area.)

If we opt to stay at a PC hotel, they don't offer shuttles to & from the airport (exc for the questionable Radisson) so I have to make separate travel arrangements.  

18 hours ago, Bronx12 said:

That seems to be the going rate, if not more. We used GoPort before with no issues.

I don’t understand how it could be so much per person. We stayed at the residence Inn in Port Canaveral, used to taxi to get to the ship, five minute ride $15 for all of us in the cab. Much cheaper than paying a per person charge for the shuttle.

6 hours ago, Marie51 said:

I don’t understand how it could be so much per person. We stayed at the residence Inn in Port Canaveral, used to taxi to get to the ship, five minute ride $15 for all of us in the cab. Much cheaper than paying a per person charge for the shuttle.

The price is from the Orlando airport to Port Canaveral.

Our plan:

-fly to MCO day before cruise

-hotel shuttle from MCO to Residence Inn Orlando Airport

-GoPort will pick us up at hotel morning of cruise

-our hotel + return shuttle is about the same price as you quoted ablove

Royal put us up at Radisson at the Port when Wonder of the Seas was delayed last fall.  It is a sprawling complex, so you are apt to be given a room far from the lobby.  The elevators are sparse and unreliable, so after that walk to your room, you may with walk further to find a working elevator or hauling your bags up the stairs.  Our room was clean, basic but not appealing.  Even for free, I was ready to leave.  

Stay there if that’s what us available, I guess, but iI’d look at other options.  If shuttle times are an issue for you, have you considered a one way car rental?  Then you could stay at any hotel you like.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/4/2023 at 5:56 PM, pudy68 said:

That must be a price for a shuttle between the airport & cruise port, not between a local PC hotel & cruise port.

Port shuttle from a PC hotel should be less than $10 pp.  A shuttle from MCO to the PC area will be approx $30 pp (& up).

My issue is that if we stay at a hotel near MCO airport, the shuttle will get us to the port, but not very early like we like to arrive. (It's at least 45 min ride from MCO area.)

If we opt to stay at a PC hotel, they don't offer shuttles to & from the airport (exc for the questionable Radisson) so I have to make separate travel arrangements.  

Stay at hotel of choice near port or airport and book a one way rental both ways from and to airport.