Discovery Window Suite Sofa Bed?

bluecat1968

Can someone confirm that the Window Suites on Discovery do have a sofa bed? Looking thhrough the description of the room in several sites it indicates a max of 2 passengers, but we booked for 3 (DH, DS 16 and me). No videos or pics available online for the sofa area, so hoping someone can share info.

Thanks!

We just got off the Sky Princess a week and half ago and we were in one of the Window Suites (S107). There is a sofa in the 'living room' area however I didn't pull it out to verify if it was a sofa bed. However, this suite was incredible - we loved it and would book it again in a heartbeat. So much light and room!

IMG_0657.jpeg

IMG_0365.jpeg

1 hour ago, bluecat1968 said:

Can someone confirm that the Window Suites on Discovery do have a sofa bed? Looking thhrough the description of the room in several sites it indicates a max of 2 passengers, but we booked for 3 (DH, DS 16 and me). No videos or pics available online for the sofa area, so hoping someone can share info.

Thanks!

Go onto Princess' site and deck plans for your ship; once you click on the deck number for your room, right by the drop down, you can choose the number of guests. It will only show in color staterooms that will accommodate that many guests .

On 1/25/2023 at 9:55 AM, bluecat1968 said:

Thanks!

Are the window suites  that you’re looking/ booked  on the discovery princess are they on the sundeck( S107 and S108?)  I believe 108 is an accessible cabin and there is no sofa and I think 107 is a regular Windows suite and it does accommodate three people . I am assuming you’ve checked with your travel agent and or princess ? Or you booked online?  Even if you booked online you can always transfer your booking to a travel agent ,someone that you can speak to on the phone or email, “ that’s got your back “and that way you can always ask questions to them. have you looked at YouTube for a video of that room ?

So if you booked already for 3 people in the cabin, I don’t think it would let you book for that many people if there was not accommodations for that many. 

I think ??this is a very special and limited suite option on the discovery princess so probably not many people have information on this category of room. 

Edited by arizonaperson

I just looked at the deck plans on the Princess site. The only Window Suites on Discovery are S107 and S108. They are listed as available for 3 passengers. Actually, every suite of any class on Discovery is listed as available for 3 passengers. None of them are available for 4 passengers.

We sailed in S107 on the Enchanted in September.    The sofa  bed pulls outs and is a nice size for one adult  or two children.  When pulled out, it almost reaches the window bench. It is a wonderful suite, very large.  

Just checked, I don’t have a pic of the sofa bed pulled out. But your DS should be comfortable. 

Edited by milolii

2 hours ago, arizonaperson said:

Are the window suites  that you’re looking/ booked  on the discovery princess are they on the sundeck( S107 and S108?)  I believe 108 is an accessible cabin and there is no sofa and I think 107 is a regular Windows suite and it does accommodate three people . I am assuming you’ve checked with your travel agent and or princess ? Or you booked online?  Even if you booked online you can always transfer your booking to a travel agent ,someone that you can speak to on the phone or email, “ that’s got your back “and that way you can always ask questions to them. have you looked at YouTube for a video of that room ?

So if you booked already for 3 people in the cabin, I don’t think it would let you book for that many people if there was not accommodations for that many. 

I think ??this is a very special and limited suite option on the discovery princess so probably not many people have information on this category of room. 

As I said above, we were recently on the Sky Princess in S107 (I had initially booked S108 but after watching a couple of different videos on YouTube of both cabins I called Princess and switched to S107 as it was still available). The information I learned prior to this cruise (and was confirmed by our room steward) is that S108 is a different layout (it is "cut-up") compared to S107 is because Premium Ocean View cabin S106 is an Accessible cabin and they took some space from S108. I do not believe S108 is an Accessible cabin based on what the Princess deck plans show and our room steward told me it was not an accessible cabin - just a different layout.

7 minutes ago, arizonaperson said:

Unless this youtube author  is inadvertently naming the wrong room or the wrong ship ,this is suppose to be Discovery Princess s108.

I definitely wouldn’t believe people on here. I would definitely call your travel agent or princess and that’s to the OP or the author of this thread. 

Edited by arizonaperson

1 hour ago, arizonaperson said:

Unless this youtube author  is inadvertently naming the wrong room or the wrong ship ,this is suppose to be Discovery Princess s108.

I definitely wouldn’t believe people on here. I would definitely call your travel agent or princess and that’s to the OP or the author of this thread. 

Based on the Princess Deck Plans, this looks like it is Premium Ocean View cabin S106 which IS an accessible cabin. The true 'Window Suite' is much larger with a separate living room/space. I can only speak towards personal experience on the Sky Princess and from what our room steward told us as well. Also, if you look at the comments after this video, someone has clarified/corrected the information: "This is S106, accessible ocean view state room, not S108, window suite."

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MJU said:

Actually on the Discovery you can have 4 persons in a Premier Suite.  They put a roll away in for the 4th passenger. 

That may well be the case but, if you select 4 passengers on the deck plan, no suites are highlighted.

@bagney Yes, S108 is the cabin door to the right of the room entered in the video. The set up is the same on the port side, with the window suite door S107, to the left of the forward facing ocean view cabin.  The YouTuber has misnamed the cabin.  S107 and S108 are each about 700 square feet, very large.  

Edited by milolii
  • Like 1

Thrak  If you look at 2024 Alaska cruises on Discovery the Premier suite comes up as available for 4.  I know as I had one booked for 4.  I have cancelled and booked differently.

19 hours ago, milolii said:

We sailed in S107 on the Enchanted in September.    The sofa  bed pulls outs and is a nice size for one adult  or two children.  When pulled out, it almost reaches the window bench. It is a wonderful suite, very large.  

Just checked, I don’t have a pic of the sofa bed pulled out. But your DS should be comfortable. 

This is a pic of the same sized sofa bed in our Sky Premium Suite pulled out, if that helps.

405687095_sofabed-suite-sky1.thumb.jpg.91d69df94257713cae82887a703c0c6d.jpg