Recent Pricing

GSPG

3 hours ago, bikerunner said:

I’m heading to Austin in March and going to be looking at places in San Marcos new braunfulds areas.  Sick of winter.  

You will love our one-week winters, which we just had last week.  New Braunfels is a nice suburban community but look for places in the hills above the city. San Marcos is closer to Austin but is more of a college town with Texas State University and 30,000 students located there. Texas also has no state income taxes too.

1 hour ago, mcrcruiser said:

imo cruise pricing will adjust  by  demand just like any other commodity   .More demand prices rise & less demand prices fall   .The real question for any  vacation is perceived value  received for price point paid

We/I have resumed Cruising in June 2021 when Cruise prices (and Guest loads) were way Down so Now both are Way Up compared to Then.

I understand Why the cruise Industry is using that situation to pay back Massive Debt they took on to Survive. I can afford to Help but I do Not like the cost cutting measures they are implementing.

We/I will start doing some more all-inclusive cruise lines to see if they are worth the added up front cost.

Yes cruise prices have gone up. I personally got the June Norway & Iceland cruise for almost half the price by buying it in Germany and not, for example, the USA.

It's interesting to see how the cruise line in question has changed, the last time I sailed with them was in 1992. When I read the old menus, the gala evening at that time had caviar, pheasant, beef Wellington and Maine lobster. I know that many of these are not on the lists, for cost savings, and the cruise lline  in question was not even a luxury cruise line...

6 hours ago, lucas34 said:

Yes cruise prices have gone up. I personally got the June Norway & Iceland cruise for almost half the price by buying it in Germany and not, for example, the USA.

It's interesting to see how the cruise line in question has changed, the last time I sailed with them was in 1992. When I read the old menus, the gala evening at that time had caviar, pheasant, beef Wellington and Maine lobster. I know that many of these are not on the lists, for cost savings, and the cruise lline  in question was not even a luxury cruise line...

This isn’t cruising but the point is similar to the above post.

Back in the 90s we used to go to Mexico for winter vacations. We flew Mexicana Airlines and a meal was included. You had your choice of a beef dish, a chicken dish, or a pasta dish. There were limited number of each and once they ran out your choices dropped. We usually got the beef which was very good, but it was served on regular plates, with metal knives and forks, and a complementary glass of wine served in a glass included in the price. We kept the paper menus as a souvenir.  I don’t know if Mexicana is still in business but I do know on some of the other airlines you are lucky to get a small treat and a glass of soda, served in a plastic cup.

30 minutes ago, grandgeezer said:

This isn’t cruising but the point is similar to the above post.

Back in the 90s we used to go to Mexico for winter vacations. We flew Mexicana Airlines and a meal was included. You had your choice of a beef dish, a chicken dish, or a pasta dish. There were limited number of each and once they ran out your choices dropped. We usually got the beef which was very good, but it was served on regular plates, with metal knives and forks, and a complementary glass of wine served in a glass included in the price. We kept the paper menus as a souvenir.  I don’t know if Mexicana is still in business but I do know on some of the other airlines you are lucky to get a small treat and a glass of soda, served in a plastic cup.

We fly Delta often from San Antonio to Atlanta to catch overseas flights. It is almost a 3 hour flight and we are lucky to get a bag of pretzels and one soda in main cabin..  Last year we flew to Portland Oregon on American Airlines from DFW, it was a 4 hour flight and we were in first class. We got a horrible stale sandwich served in plastic wrap and one drink, coming home we got the same stale sandwich. Hardly what we use to get in FC before Covid. BTW Mexicana is still in business and flies from San Antonio to Mexico City. Last time we flew Mexicana I got sick with MQS from the food served from Cancun to DFW, that was 20 years ago.