Worst cruise ship shows ever. Meraviglia!

Cruise5life

On 1/26/2023 at 9:06 PM, Cruise5life said:

Lol.  Not one issue on NCL.   Great entertainments.   And no male vocal tracks used to fill in for a missing vocalist.    So no not every cruise line and ship.   

I'll give you many issues on NCL.  Entertainment wise, Kinky Boots no longer on Encore with no replacement.  Noise Boys no longer on Prima with no replacement.  Press Your Luck was supposed to debut in November on last night of 11 day cruise on Prima.  Have not seen anyone mention it at all on any Prima reviews.  Supermarket Sweep and Beat The Clock also advertised as new shows on Prima.  They have yet to debut.  Light Balance, from America's Got Talent was supposed to be the Prima and the show got scrapped before it's inaugural.

And don't get me started about the breakfast buffet on the Prima closing at 9:30 AM.

• Haha 1

On 1/27/2023 at 4:09 AM, carlmm said:

Quite a number of recent reports make me wonder if I made a mistake by booking an MSC cruise out of an US-port. Are those cruises really that different from the ones in Europe?

If all this, like belly flop instead of opera, is the Americanisation some on this boards ask for, I want good old Italian MSC back.

Stay on your side of the pond and you'll get it.

18 hours ago, Cruise5life said:

Yeah this is why msc isn’t for me I think.  Besides the terrible entertainment. 
I will not get dressed up when I’m on vacation.   I’ve worn a uniform my entire career.   And no way will I dress up just to impress someone else.   

7121CBF5-1E10-464F-A03D-371CD3CF3747.jpeg

11175866-39AF-4ABA-8ED9-3DAA2A2001EF.jpeg

Now we know why you like NCL so much.  You can "feel free" to dress down as much as you like as long as you don't eat in Le Bistro or Ocean Blue.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

I'll give you many issues on NCL.  Entertainment wise, Kinky Boots no longer on Encore with no replacement.  Noise Boys no longer on Prima with no replacement.  Press Your Luck was supposed to debut in November on last night of 11 day cruise on Prima.  Have not seen anyone mention it at all on any Prima reviews.  Supermarket Sweep and Beat The Clock also advertised as new shows on Prima.  They have yet to debut.  Light Balance, from America's Got Talent was supposed to be the Prima and the show got scrapped before it's inaugural.

And don't get me started about the breakfast buffet on the Prima closing at 9:30 AM.

Again.  I’m not dedicated to any cruise line.  
all I know is my entertainment was amazing on the Joy.     
Could care less what other ships have.   Wasn’t on those. 
I’ll be on Toyal Caribbean no Sunday 

and I’ll bet ya the entertainment blows this crap away.     
just like on Princess a few months ago.  
more great entertainment.      

so you MSC fanboy's and girls can have your MSC.  I’ll spend a little more for good entertainment.    

only thing MSC has going is good pizza. Lol.  And even that has to be reheated because the don’t cook it enough. 

pizza oven at 350 deg is not gonna cook your pizza well enough.  It’s just gonna make it soggy as wet towel.    

8 minutes ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

No fangirl of MSC here at all.  You're the one that was praising your fabulous NCL Joy cruise and spouting off how much better NCL was than your current economical MSC cruise you're on.  I was just educating you on the fact that NCL is not as perfect as you made it out to be since they are cutting back on things left and right to save money.  All of the lines that bled billions during the shutdown are doing the death by a thousand cuts, with the exception of one line since their cargo division kept them afloat. Yea, the line you're currently on.

I have 49 cruises under my belt on Carnival, Royal, NCL, MSC, Celebrity and Princess.  Don't keep all of the eggs in one basket.  By the way, am I to assume that you're cruising solo?

Yeah. That’s because that was the last CL I was on last week. 15 days through Panama.    And I’ll be on the Wonder tomorrow.   So I’ll praise that ship next so stay tuned.   So 29 days total 3 different cruise lines.   
I have 63 cruises under my belt seeing you wanna throw your status around.  Royal,NCL,carnival,Princess, Holland,Celebrity,Virgin.     
and I’m educating you that NCL entertainment on the joy blows MSC mariviglia away.   
and me cruising solo has no baring on anything. I’m retired and not everyone can just get up and cruise like I do.    
yes I’m solo for 22 days.   
but I meet my cruising group of 26 tomorrow when I board RC wonder.   And I’m ready for more great entertainment.   Killer water shows.   And everything else the wonder has to offer.  

Edited by Cruise5life

I’ve been cruising long enough to know that you cannot dismiss an entire company based on your experience on one of their ships. 

Having said that. Our first two MSC cruises were excellent, our last one was not. 

All on the same ship. First in Europe and second and third out of the US. 

We will try MSC one more time in the US but not out of Miami and never during a holiday or school vacation. If it’s another negative experience we will go back to the higher end lines. 

• Like 1

There appears to be changes occurring precipitated by the high costs and lack of trained performers in the market at the present time. During one of Cruise Director Gene Young's ( presently on the Seascape) coffee chats in the Loft Cafe, he mentioned that he was hired to find and train all the new CDs for MSC cruises. That there is one company in particular that MSC has contracted with to find guest performers, which are most difficult to find at the present time and that MSC has formed their own show production company to choreograph and train in Italy for all the Theatre productions.

Have discovered that Celebrity has the same problems on their Beyond. Thought the show productions were weak, similar to MSC Seascape. Singing, dancing, acrobatics with no story line to follow and could not tell one show from the other. Staying on board for another week viewing the same shows over again, we thought they were getting better the second time around.What was missing these last few months on both Celebrity and MSC were any standing ovations after the show productions. Suppose everyone is back to taking life for granted once again. (Suppose that is a good thing ?)

Edited by morpheusofthesea
  • Like 2

On 1/26/2023 at 9:34 AM, no1talks said:

1) Stay off the ships until things settle.

2) Ride it out with the usual cruises, paying the same (or more) for a reduced experience.

3) Pay more and go with a higher-tier brand and improve the cruise experience, even if the brand isn't what it used to be for its veterans.

4) Take the cruising down a tier, getting a lesser experience, but at least saving some money in the process.

Of course your assessments are accurate....for all cruisers outside the Yacht Club.

1) Would never stay off ship, even in a pandemic.

2) Ride it out in luxury in the YC with whatever they could scrounge up

3) Doing just that, cognisant of the adage "the grass is always greener".

4) Never. Life is too short. Whoever you leave your money to will squander it.

2 hours ago, morpheusofthesea said:

4) Never. Life is too short. Whoever you leave your money to will squander it.

Exactly what I keep telling my husband.
We’ve worked very hard for what we have and I’ll be damned if we don’t enjoy the fruits of our labor. 

I’m okay with leaving our children a few thousand less 🤪

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, shipgeeks said:

lolol, My SO, aka husband, chooses to wear his tuxedo on every cruise. Nothing to do with me forcing anything.  He looks like James Bond.  

That’s awesome.    I never said anything about others getting dressed up.  
I actually like see families dressed up taking pictures.    Guess who picked out all those outfits.   Lolol.   Mom.  Lol.