Our S2S Adventure - Freedom / Spirit (with pics) - 1/7/23

Jamman54

17 minutes ago, Indiansbaseball said:

Hi Guys ! 
I loved Bonaire and I can’t wait to go back ! Also, really loved the Spirit ! Might I add…as usual Love the Review and Patty’s pictures! 
Jen

Thanks Jen. Always glad to have you along! :classic_cool:

1 minute ago, l2f said:

Hey Jeff another great review.   Was the day pass for Plaza Beach Resort an AI?

Thanks for reading. Yes, it was all-inclusive. :classic_cool:

• Like 1

We did a drift snorkel in Bonaire that was family run. It was amazing. They were so nice and professional. We also agree about Jack's Shack. The bartenders were indifferent to the customers. Heaven forbid you want the free shot of rum. It's the nicest part of the beach so we will still stroll that way because Margaritaville is just too crowded for me. Use it for what it's good for. Enjoying all of Patti's pics. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, JandPB said:

We did a drift snorkel in Bonaire that was family run. It was amazing. They were so nice and professional. We also agree about Jack's Shack. The bartenders were indifferent to the customers. Heaven forbid you want the free shot of rum. It's the nicest part of the beach so we will still stroll that way because Margaritaville is just too crowded for me. Use it for what it's good for. Enjoying all of Patti's pics. 

Thanks for reading! Yes, it's a shame about how Jack's is being run now, but hopefully the owners will see the negative reviews and do something about it. :classic_cool:

• Like 2

On 2/17/2023 at 3:41 PM, Jamman54 said:

Thanks for reading Maryann!  I was drinking Turks Head and I believe they were $6. By the bucket is probably cheaper. Enjoy your cruise on the Spirit! :classic_cool:

Hey Stephanie! I've been reading recent reviews online, and the biggest complaint by far is the service by the bartenders. One person stated that they waited for twenty minutes before getting up and leaving. The second biggest complaint says that per the website chairs are free and the umbrellas are $10. Everyone stated they were charged $23. We were too, but I didn't know about what was stated on the website. I didn't think that was too much, but they should change it on the website. :classic_ohmy:

We also went to Jack's shack that day. After Paul stood in line for over 20 minutes just to get 2 beers and was only half way thru the line, we gave up and left. We were sad to see how bad the service is and the lack of competent help.  On another note, enjoying reading your review of our cruise! Was great meeting you and Patti

Pat

• Like 3

On 2/17/2023 at 8:28 PM, Jamman54 said:

After the show Patti went up to browse around the shops, and I went to the Red Frog Rum Bar for a couple of Thirsty Frog Wheats. I met Patti back at the cabin and at noon we went to the Diamond Luncheon……

i-qWg6Gjz-X2.jpg

i-ccmtfkL-X3.jpg

It was held on Deck 3 of the Empire Restaurant all the way aft by the windows…..

i-hcCgbHg-X2.jpg

i-ZB4Sdh5-X2.jpg

This was our table……

i-gv3sxmJ-X2.jpg

This is the Diamond Luncheon menu…..

i-5mJbmZ9-X2.jpg

Our server Pariana takes our order……

i-m84QQb9-X2.jpg

The drinks just keep on coming…..

i-ZDjRxZ3-X2.jpg

Here are our Cruise Critic friends Paul and Pat (quickrate)…..

i-F3b392G-X2.jpg

The Luncheon on the next cruise of the Spirit, we were B2B2B, had a different menu.  It was very good! We thought most of the food on the Spirit was better than some of the other ships we have been on lately.

Pat

To be continued…….

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Jamman54 said:

Yes! :classic_biggrin:

Best part of the show when the comedian doesn’t know whether to laugh or cry. But he didn’t miss a beat and kept on going. Every other line he apologized to those in the front row, yelled for a dentist onboard or just looked at his tooth and shook his head. Tim had great material for the next 2 days!

• Like 3

On 2/18/2023 at 12:06 PM, bar10der421 said:

Thanks so much to you and Patti for doing these awesome reviews. I really enjoy reading them even if the ship and or ports are not currently on my radar,

I do have a Grand Turk question.  You mentioned that the beach in front of Margaritaville is rocky,  Would you recommend water shoes or would bare feet be okay? 

I would wear water shoes if you go into the water by the pier. the hurricane that hit the island last fall sucked a lot of the sand away from the beach so the water is rockier than it has ever been.

Pat

• Like 3

Enjoying your review.  Will be on Spirit in October.  Years ago we used to walk to Plaza Resort.  They had a bell at the gate and you ring it for service.  You would pay $10 to $12 dollars for entry.  It only included 1 drink and use of grounds.  Had to pay extra for pool usage.  The snorkeling from their area is some of the best on island.  We would go snorkel there everything we were on island.  Now we tend to rent golfcarts each time we are there.....Susan

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Alabaster Cruiser said:

Enjoying your review.  Will be on Spirit in October.  Years ago we used to walk to Plaza Resort.  They had a bell at the gate and you ring it for service.  You would pay $10 to $12 dollars for entry.  It only included 1 drink and use of grounds.  Had to pay extra for pool usage.  The snorkeling from their area is some of the best on island.  We would go snorkel there everything we were on island.  Now we tend to rent golfcarts each time we are there.....Susan

Thanks for following along! I had heard that in the past that the Plaza Resort would take walk ups for day passes no problem. Carnival used to sell excursions that went there. No longer. Now you have to work to get in but it's worth it. I'll be posting more about it very shortly.....:classic_cool:

• Like 2

We decide to head on over to the Beach Buffet for lunch……

i-JSKfbmJ-X2.jpg

We are a few minutes early and it was still closed, so I plop myself down to wait.......

i-bWChmX2-X2.jpg

i-QdD5jXn-X2.jpg

Patti uses this opportunity to take some pictures. Here are a couple shots of the beach near the Beach Buffet….

i-7tV6Vdz-X2.jpg

i-CJ6WqKw-X2.jpg

The coast here is also very rocky…….

i-JNX8qzk-X2.jpg

i-pp3JP9j-X2.jpg

Here are some steps for divers and snorkelers to get into the water…..

i-zfztfM6-X2.jpg

Looking back towards the Palm Beach Bar……

i-PwpvWv7-X2.jpg

You got a good view of the ships in the distance…..

i-h7pd3tp-X2.jpg

i-MzvdfzS-X2.jpg

To be continued…..

• Like 11

The Beach Buffet is now open. Patti gets these shots of the seating areas…..

i-xZ5qjfc-X2.jpg

i-S4cQXSp-X2.jpg

i-dX3ZFdH-X2.jpg

i-FSdm3Kr-X2.jpg

We chose this table…..

i-cxHM2GP-X2.jpg

These are the drink tables. There is also a bar for whatever else you might want.....

i-BvNRqWw-X2.jpg

i-SC8hh5Q-X2.jpg

i-3W9q9sS-X2.jpg

i-Jm2LbCb-X2.jpg

i-2Jm9vzz-X2.jpg

i-B5BPjNr-X2.jpg

To be continued……

• Like 10

While sitting at our table we could watch the divers and snorkelers float around…..

i-pBPvJZ8-X2.jpg

i-f4GDjrN-X2.jpg

i-4Kd7FxN-X2.jpg

i-MkDg4kV-X2.jpg

We finished eating, grabbed a drink from the bar, and began to head back to the pool. There is a Dive Shop right across from the Beach Buffet. Apparently, you have to pay a fee to be able to snorkel or dive in the waters of Bonaire…..

i-t2kLMTt-X2.jpg

i-6Tb7xCf-X2.jpg

i-WXGbMhd-X2.jpg

i-BRFgt26-X2.jpg

i-J58vLPc-X2.jpg

We made it back to the pool and for a while I had it all to myself…..

i-8rrXH5K-X2.jpg

i-fbdvGJs-X2.jpg

i-zkqCbBt-X2.jpg

To be continued…..

• Like 11

We grabbed an empty daybed at the far end of the pool and this is where Patti and I hung out for the rest of the afternoon. We relaxed, swam, and drank all the beer and wine that our servers kept forcing on us!

i-wT36QV9-X2.jpg

i-XL88rHc-X2.jpg

i-fHhZX5Q-X2.jpg

i-tXrtshQ-X2.jpg

i-QxQhWDM-X2.jpg

i-WxCsvs9-X2.jpg

We watched as the Celebrity Equinox sailed away from Bonaire…..

i-vmZqjD7-X2.jpg

i-BbwGPqg-X2.jpg

i-NrDcnG5-X2.jpg

The Carnival Spirit is now all alone in Kralendijk…..

i-nrKtmmz-X2.jpg

i-wr8k8tg-X2.jpg

Later in the afternoon the pool began to get "crowded". lol.....

i-jgm7V73-X2.jpg

To be continued…..

• Like 12

We decided to head back to the ship around 4pm. We cross the bridge to head back to the hotel lobby…..

i-FmMxWXm-X2.jpg

A dive boat and a tour boat have just returned to the marina…..

i-G3JtbRx-X2.jpg

i-wnMxknw-X2.jpg

i-DcGwfQk-X2.jpg

We check out at the front desk and turn in our towels. They call a taxi for us that should be here in fifteen minutes. We decide to wait outside for it…..

i-qdZKLWR-X2.jpg

We’re on our way back to town. We say goodbye to the Plaza Beach Resort. We’ll be back!

i-XkXpnRS-X2.jpg

There’s another Dive Shop right next door…..

i-DH2fPrt-X2.jpg

Here are a few more shots as we head back to town…..

i-xh3L5k4-X2.jpg

i-cJ2BX9G-X2.jpg

To be continued…..

• Like 8

Here’s another view of Karel’s…..

i-6PmWbvd-X2.jpg

Patti is heading back to the ship. She catches me out on the balcony…..

i-xm9V683-X2.jpg

i-ZN6mXdR-X2.jpg

i-PP8m2rr-X2.jpg

i-wDDnffF-X2.jpg

Here are some views of Kralendijk’s waterfront from our balcony as the sun was beginning to set….

i-Cmt35JT-X2.jpg

i-TTjhrhL-X2.jpg

i-vHMdhSt-X2.jpg

i-HXwnq5J-X2.jpg

i-pKT5mDz-X2.jpg

i-GKbGWTm-X2.jpg

We were hungry so we made our way up to the Lido and grabbed some plates…..

i-kfXBGzm-X2.jpg

i-28K7R8T-X2.jpg

i-BddnTcg-X2.jpg

Afterwards, Patti was tired from all her walking so she went back to the cabin to read. I went down to the Sports Bar for a couple before calling it a night. We watched our 10pm sail away from our balcony and then went to bed. Here is tonight’s towel animal……

i-Jqp5KVR-X2.jpg

Coming up next: Aruba, one happy island or another day, another all inclusive!  

• Like 14

52 minutes ago, Jamman54 said:

We grabbed an empty daybed at the far end of the pool and this is where Patti and I hung out for the rest of the afternoon. We relaxed, swam, and drank all the beer and wine that our servers kept forcing on us!

i-wT36QV9-X2.jpg

i-XL88rHc-X2.jpg

i-fHhZX5Q-X2.jpg

Patti looks really relaxed!

• Like 4