Internet speed & Reliability on Enchanted Princess

mybagsarepacked

We were also on Enchanted until the end of December. The 1st 10 days were ok but thought things were much better for the last 10 days with the exception of the evenings when everyone was in the Princess Theater waiting for a show to start when everyone in the room was on their phones...Dropped dramatically or so it seemed..

13 hours ago, Thrak said:

Can you perhaps locate this info again? I would be really interested in finding out if Grand is really to be the first Princess ship to receive this update and when I can expect that to happen. (We are booked on Grand for 32 days this fall.)

I'll poke around and let you know.

1 hour ago, paradiselivin1 said:

We were also on Enchanted until the end of December. The 1st 10 days were ok but thought things were much better for the last 10 days with the exception of the evenings when everyone was in the Princess Theater waiting for a show to start when everyone in the room was on their phones...Dropped dramatically or so it seemed..

The same thing was apparent (in reverse) as soon as most people left the ship in early morning. 

On 1/27/2023 at 5:42 AM, MissP22 said:

We were on the Enchanted in early Jan (Caribbean) and unless you're referring to just emails or accessing small files/web pages in the early morning it's seemed to painfully slow once everyone was awake. 

When the speed dropped off to 50 Kbps it took me hours to download a 1 hour program from my provider starting at 4 AM when the speed was 1.7 to 2 Mbps. During a sea day I had a Zoom meeting at 1 PM & it disconnected so much I finally gave up.

We were on the NYE cruise....had no problems....but we don't use the internet on the ship like we do at home or the office.  We're on vacation and whatever we did use it for, worked fine.

Edited by suzyed

11 hours ago, suzyed said:

We were on the NYE cruise....had no problems....but we don't use the internet on the ship like we do at home or the office.  We're on vacation and whatever we did use it for, worked fine.

Using it for anything more than email & browsing a few web pages is about all it was good for, unless you're up at 4 AM.

I can't wait for Starlink.

• Like 1