Boarding Passes

doone

14 minutes ago, KroozNut said:

Wow that's amazing time, and I find it interesting that cabins were not available when you boarded; which is very rare for HAL.

They pride themselves on having cabins available when passengers begin the boarding process.

I was on board before noon. A little after noon, I walked aft to look down to see if I could see my balcony. There were people on their balconies, although there had been no announcement, so I went down to my cabin. The key was there and the cabin was ready. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

I was on board before noon. A little after noon, I walked aft to look down to see if I could see my balcony. There were people on their balconies, although there had been no announcement, so I went down to my cabin. The key was there and the cabin was ready. 

HAL cabins generally are ready when you board, so no announcements are necessary, unlike in years past and on some other lines.

4 minutes ago, DaveOKC said:

HAL cabins generally are ready when you board, so no announcements are necessary, unlike in years past and on some other lines.

This time, as we boarded, we were told that cabins weren't ready yet. If that happens next time, I'll just go to my cabin and see what's what. 

14 minutes ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

This time, as we boarded, we were told that cabins weren't ready yet. If that happens next time, I'll just go to my cabin and see what's what. 

Left hand and right hand never meet on HAL!

2 hours ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

It is my experience that the last things to make a room "ready" is to deliver any invitations, notices, etc.  This "not ready" status does not stop you from dropping off carry-on luggage and heading to lunch.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Crew News said:

It is my experience that the last things to make a room "ready" is to deliver any invitations, notices, etc.  This "not ready" status does not stop you from dropping off carry-on luggage and heading to lunch.

I have done a quick luggage drop in the past, but after the Covid break, I was out of practice and forgot that's usually possible. The only question now is if the key will be in the mailbox. 

Just now, 3rdGenCunarder said:

I have done a quick luggage drop in the past, but after the Covid break, I was out of practice and forgot that's usually possible. The only question now is if the key will be in the mailbox. 

Your Room Steward will gladly open the door for you and your key should be there when you return from lunch.

1 hour ago, Crew News said:

Your Room Steward will gladly open the door for you and your key should be there when you return from lunch.

Hmmmm, we've only done one post-COVID cruise so far (another one in March '23) on Zuiderdam out of San Diego.  Our key cards were in our mail box, and room was ready as soon as we boarded at ~11:30am. Did we just get lucky?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, KroozNut said:

Hmmmm, we've only done one post-COVID cruise so far (another one in March '23) on Zuiderdam out of San Diego.  Our key cards were in our mail box, and room was ready as soon as we boarded at ~11:30am. Did we just get lucky?

Nope = its been over 15 cruises since we had to wait during the past 5 years.

• Like 3