BUENOS AIRES DISEMBARKATION & TOUR

jjs217

My husband and I  will be disembarking in Buenos Aires next year.  Since our flight is so late leaving EZE, does Seabourn offer a city tour and/or tango show with transfer to the airport?  Any information will help with planning.  (Yes, I do plan way in advance.)

1 hour ago, jjs217 said:

My husband and I  will be disembarking in Buenos Aires next year.  Since our flight is so late leaving EZE, does Seabourn offer a city tour and/or tango show with transfer to the airport?  Any information will help with planning.  (Yes, I do plan way in advance.)

deleted...posted in error

Edited by njhorseman

While not a Seabourn excursion, we did a tango show a few years ago on our 3 day post cruise stay in Buenos Aires. It was underwhelming to say the least with mediocre food.

They normally start around 7.30pm and continue until 10.30, so too late to make what may seem like a late flight.

One other alternative is to get a private guide to fill the time. We had a wonderful guide  booked through toursbylocals.com but kept our hotel room to relax for a few hours and ordered room service before we had to leave for the airport at 8.30pm.

We had a private guide pick us up at the port, took us around BA for most of the day and delivered us to the airport for our flight to Iguazu Falls. Worked beautifully. If interested in her contact info, email me at chuckroby at prodigy dot com 

Real Tango shows are almost always in the evening which likely would not work for a debarkation day.  But those "Tango Shows" have left us unsatisfied (similar to Conchyjoe's post.  The best (and truly) amazing Tango we saw happened, by luck, while DW and I were simply walking through the La Boca neighborhood and decided to stop at an ourdoor cafe for lunch.  The cafe was in a relatively narrow street, and along came this absolutely stunning looking young couple (20s).  They stopped in front of our cafe, put down their "boom box" and turned it on to some tango music.  The couple than spent about 15 minutes putting on a fantastic tango demonstration that soon drew a crowd.  For the price of a relatively small tip (happily given) we saw the real thing.  That couple, put to shame, the two dinner shows we had previously seen.

The other time we saw great tango was on a Celebrity cruise.  The line went through a period when they hired tango dance couples (all from Argentina) to work on their ships.  They would routinely put on a demo show in the main atrium and it was always excellent.

Hank