Coco Cay. Different Prices for different cruises?

jean87510

I have 2 upcoming cruises on the Independence in August and the Vision in October both going to Coco Cay.  I have been there once and am perfectly fine with relaxing with a free chair on the beach or swimming at the pool.  I decided to look at both trips to see if there was something that looked fun to me like a water park pass.  I noticed a big price difference.  For my Independence cruise the water park is $133 normally $149.  The over the water cabanas are $3499.  The beach club on sale is 223, normally $249.  This is all without the 18%.  On the Vision it's $88 (regularly $99) for Waterpark, $1799 for the Cabana and $160 for the beach club normally $179.  Is this normal to be this off with pricing?  The Independence is a 3 day cruise.  The most expensive cabin isn't as much as that cabana.  

5 minutes ago, jean87510 said:

I have 2 upcoming cruises on the Independence in August and the Vision in October both going to Coco Cay.  I have been there once and am perfectly fine with relaxing with a free chair on the beach or swimming at the pool.  I decided to look at both trips to see if there was something that looked fun to me like a water park pass.  I noticed a big price difference.  For my Independence cruise the water park is $133 normally $149.  The over the water cabanas are $3499.  The beach club on sale is 223, normally $249.  This is all without the 18%.  On the Vision it's $88 (regularly $99) for Waterpark, $1799 for the Cabana and $160 for the beach club normally $179.  Is this normal to be this off with pricing?  The Independence is a 3 day cruise.  The most expensive cabin isn't as much as that cabana.  

Not just CocoCay or the ship.  Royal prices everything from drink packages, dining, shore excursions differently based on ship and sailing date.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The Independence cruise is during the summer, so I wonder if that has something to do with the high prices. I wonder if that is the standard for the summer, end of year holidays, and spring break. Then they adjust during the year depending on demand. as the cruise gets closer. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, jean87510 said:

My March 12 oasis chops is always $10 more than march 27 radiance. 

Look at chops and Giovanni on the 2 ships. It hasnt varied. Same menu right? Both in march. Both say 15% off too, the going price says it's different.

20230128_095557927.jpeg

20230128_095704791.jpeg

Edited by firefly333

Yes it makes sense summer vs sailing in October.  I'm still trying to comprehend the $3500 cabana which is actually $3,848 with tax.  So if you split it amongst 8 people its about $481 pp not including extra tip at the end.  All I can say is Wow!!