Where's the best port to pet a grizzly bear?

Sigyn

• 3 weeks later...

In Juneau there is a  pet a bear cage right next to the hug a timber rattler pit, which is across the street from the kiss a electric eel tank.  Any local should be able to point you in the correct direction. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/29/2023 at 8:49 AM, njsmom said:

Why would I joke about such serious things???????? Doesn't everyone want to pet a live grizzly as the last thing they do? 😁

Yes that will be the last thing you ever do if you pet a live grizzly, LOL. 

Edited by coops

If you must get close to an Alaskan brown bear, I'd suggest Katmai National Park when the salmon are running at Brooks Falls.  You share a mile long path with the bears out to the Falls/viewing platforms.  Never in a million years did I think I'd get that close to a brown bear with nothing between us.  We're talking 20 feet.  Bear didn't care about me.  He/she just wanted salmon.  Fortunately, visitors are required to listen to a 20 minute ranger talk when you arrive a Brooks telling you what to do if/when you have a close encounter.  Rule No. 1:  Don't run.  Rule No. 2:  If you can't avoid a bear on the path, just get off the path and give the bear lots of room.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/28/2023 at 5:54 PM, njsmom said:

I'd love to pet a live grizzly bear on one of our excursions. Where can I find the best place to do that? 

🙂

MOst of the people who have done that are in a cemetery.  Or ICU at the very least

Edited by dave_k58
typo
  • Haha 1