Flying into FLL, cruising out of Miami

IamAlyce

Many discussions here on this topic. Generally, hotels are cheaper in Ft Lauderdale.  Then a shuttle ( easier to book for earlier in the day) will be cheaper than Uber. But you would need to stay at a hotel, or close to a hotel the shuttle services transport from.

10 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

Many discussions here on this topic. Generally, hotels are cheaper in Ft Lauderdale.  Then a shuttle ( easier to book for earlier in the day) will be cheaper than Uber. But you would need to stay at a hotel, or close to a hotel the shuttle services transport from.

Thank you! 

10 hours ago, IamAlyce said:

Hi! I will be flying into FLL mid day and cruising out of the port of Miami the next morning. Is it best to Uber to a port hotel the day of my flight or stay at a fll hotel and Uber over day off? 
TIA

We usually rent a car in FLL It gives us some pre cruise flexibility. We usually stay in Ft. Lauderdale as well for the less expensive hotels, but like to be able to choose a place to eat and shop for items that I forgot to pack. 🙂 We return the car in Miami near the port and take the car rental shuttle to the pier.

5 hours ago, NoShoes2 said:

We usually rent a car in FLL It gives us some pre cruise flexibility. We usually stay in Ft. Lauderdale as well for the less expensive hotels, but like to be able to choose a place to eat and shop for items that I forgot to pack. 🙂 We return the car in Miami near the port and take the car rental shuttle to the pier.

That’s a great idea! Thank you!

• Like 1

We flew into FFL in September. The taxi SUV that picked us up at the airport to the hotel, also did runs to Miami.  I just took his card and texted him when we wanted to be picked up to go to Miami.  We stayed in FT. L beach.  Nice and clean SUV.  

1 hour ago, cruisegal40 said:

We flew into FFL in September. The taxi SUV that picked us up at the airport to the hotel, also did runs to Miami.  I just took his card and texted him when we wanted to be picked up to go to Miami.  We stayed in FT. L beach.  Nice and clean SUV.  

Could you share his info? Pm it to me?

• Like 1

On 1/28/2023 at 10:55 PM, IamAlyce said:

Hi! I will be flying into FLL mid day and cruising out of the port of Miami the next morning. Is it best to Uber to a port hotel the day of my flight or stay at a fll hotel and Uber over day off? 
TIA

What day of the week and time of the year are you coming?  The answer to your question can vary greatly depending on what's happening in town at any given time ie. Spring Break, Conventions, Art Basel, FLL Air Show, Urban Beach Week, etc.

With an arrival mid-day I would focus on what you want to do that day, and what your budget allows. S.E. Florida is not that large (geographically) on typically on weekends traffic is not a big issue. So flying into FLL is not a big deal, FLL is considered an airport for Miami. 

Budget will be the first key and second what you want to see and do that day. Regardless staying in either Miami or Ft. Lauderdale will be fine for the cruise.

Personally, I would not limit my hotel search to hotels that have shuttles or have scheduled shuttle stops. Just pick the hotel you want, and worst case (which is my preferred way) just get a rideshare to the port. From Miami if you stay in Downtown/Brickell there are no shuttles and no need it is a quick 10-min drive to the port. 

23 hours ago, dmpuszcz said:

I am looking for recommendations on transportation from a Fort Lauderdale hotel to the Port of Miami for a group of 15.  Please let me know if you've used a service for this many and whether your recommend them or not.  Thanks

We have a group of 20 going in April. We have a 24 passenger mini coach booked with Larrys limo.

https://www.larryslimo.com/contact.html

We have used them before for smaller groups and have always been on time with clean vehicles.

• Like 1