Celebrity Equinox Anytime Dining

cindyhere

I am thinking of selecting anytime dining so I have more flexibility in dinner hours. There will be 2 in my party. Will there be a long wait to get a table ? Do you have the option of going to a "share table". Thanks for any information you can share.

The wait times usually depend on what time you arrive at the MDR . You will most likely be given the option of sharing a table with others or having a table for 2 which are located quite close to each other most of the time. Hope you have a great cruise 🚢 

49 minutes ago, cindyhere said:

Will there be a long wait to get a table ? Do you have the option of going to a "share table". 

If you want to share---ask.  They'll accommodate if possible.  And in spite of many "the sky is falling" concerns about the change to all anytime dining, there have yet to be many reports of substantive waits to be seated in the MDRs.

As stated, yes you can ask to share. For a 2 top there may be a wait at very popular times. However a 3rd option is to make a reservation for your desired time (assuming you aren't in Blu or Luminae).

Edited by mom says

Currently on the Equinox.

Over the last 9 nights I have seen may being give a beeper and told to go the Martini Bar. Waits of up to 30 minutes around 7pm. Couldn't give us a sharing table as they had too many large groups so have have had a table for 2 with minimal wait. However I booked all my dining for 7pm months in advance. 

From what I have heard those who were planning to eat at the Buffett discovered there is very little choice and had to come to the MDR.

Strongly suggest booing before the cruise to avoid wait times.

Edited by soccercrazy

10 minutes ago, soccercrazy said:

Currently on the Equinox.

Over the last 9 nights I have seen may being give a beeper and told to go the Martini Bar. Waits of up to 30 minutes around 7pm. Couldn't give us a sharing table as they had too many large groups so have have had a table for 2 with minimal wait. However I booked all my dining for 7pm months in advance. 

From what I have heard those who were planning to eat at the Buffett discovered there is very little choice and had to come to the MDR.

Strongly suggest booing before the cruise to avoid wait times.

Curious if they had a separate line for those with reservations.   When I was on Equinox third week of January, i made reservations pre cruise for each night, but when I went to the anytime dining room they told me (and others) our reservation meant nothing and we would have to wait to be seated until those walk ups ahead of us were seated.    It was that way for all nine nights and there was never a separate line for those with reservations 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

23 hours ago, retird said:

Curious if they had a separate line for those with reservations.   When I was on Equinox third week of January, i made reservations pre cruise for each night, but when I went to the anytime dining room they told me (and others) our reservation meant nothing and we would have to wait to be seated until those walk ups ahead of us were seated.    It was that way for all nine nights and there was never a separate line for those with reservations 

We will be on the Equinox next month but on a sister ship (Eclipse) 3rd floor was for early and late seating.  4th floor was for anytime dining.   If you want to the aft side it was for reservations and the port side it was for walkups.  We could walk in or wait up to 20 minutes or so (given a pager) based on when you tried to get in.  Dont go just after a show gets out...   Personally we always topped off a wine glass then went to dinner.   Most of the time there was still 1/2 glass as we sat down.   If we had a long wait we were just about ready for the sommelier as we sat down...   

Was on the Reflection last month and had made reservations for 7 or 7:15 depending what was available. They also had a non reservation line but never waited more then 2 or 3 minutes. Will be on the Equinox in March and could only pick from 6:15 or earlier or 8 or later. Will still go at 7-7:15 and see what happens. All times times between 6:30 and 7:45 were already taken and I was booking times 2 months ahead of cruise.

3 hours ago, Nflder71 said:

We have anytime booked for April. How do you book your dining time before the cruise. This is our first time sailing with Celebrity. 

Go to manage trip

manage reservation

dining packages

celebrity select dining

reserve

click on guests names and all the days of cruise will be listed

click on each day and all available times will be shown and select your dining time

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 1/29/2023 at 5:11 PM, cindyhere said:

I am thinking of selecting anytime dining so I have more flexibility in dinner hours. There will be 2 in my party. Will there be a long wait to get a table ? Do you have the option of going to a "share table". Thanks for any information you can share.

We were on Equinox last September and typically waited as long as it takes my husband to finish a beer in Cafe el Baccio before the buzzer went. Occasionally he’d ordered his second. So not long but you are enjoying the evening in what is a lovely part of the ship as you wait. We saw people who stand and wait at the entrance with their buzzers, never understood why but each to their own.

• Like 1

On 2/1/2023 at 1:09 AM, Luvtoeat said:

Go to manage trip

manage reservation

dining packages

celebrity select dining

reserve

click on each day and all available times will be shown and select your dining time

Thank-you!

On Equinox now. Have anytime dining. Went 2nd night at 7.15 and had a 1 hour wait. Went tonight at 6 and waited 15 mins. Both times got a pager and enjoyed drinks at Craft Social until buzzed. Wait will depend on how many of your fellow guests decide to eat at the same time. Ate last night at Ocean View/buffet and though choices were more limited than in the past (15+ cruises with Celebrity), we were fine with the options. Agree with others that it would be nice to have grill options available at the buffet in the evening.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Galaxy2004 said:

On Equinox now. Have anytime dining. Went 2nd night at 7.15 and had a 1 hour wait. Went tonight at 6 and waited 15 mins. Both times got a pager and enjoyed drinks at Craft Social until buzzed. Wait will depend on how many of your fellow guests decide to eat at the same time. Ate last night at Ocean View/buffet and though choices were more limited than in the past (15+ cruises with Celebrity), we were fine with the options. Agree with others that it would be nice to have grill options available at the buffet in the evening.

Had you made reservations in advance of the cruise? Was on the Equinox in Sept. and Reflection in Dec. and did not wait more then 2-3 minutes with advance reservations. Getting the times you want can be a problem if not making the reservations far enough ahead of time.

On 2/2/2023 at 11:50 PM, Luvtoeat said:

Had you made reservations in advance of the cruise? Was on the Equinox in Sept. and Reflection in Dec. and did not wait more then 2-3 minutes with advance reservations. Getting the times you want can be a problem if not making the reservations far enough ahead of time.

We don't make reservations because we enjoy the flexibility of going when we want each night. We understand there may be a wait and don't have a problem with that. Similar to eating out when not on the ship. 

We just got off the Equinox and were traveling with another couple.  We had Select dining reservations for 7:15.  The first night was a total disaster.....45 minute wait but the problem appeared to be that the "Invite guests" did not work and we had reservations for two tables for two instead of a table for four.   We straightened it out and verified with Maitre'd and the rest of the cruise was fine.  The issue seems to be that  the booking system does not take into account the longer times it is taking for meals in the dining room.  They don't seem to account for this when making reservations for set times on Select Dining.   If you just walk up at 7:00 without a reservation....have an easy chair in the bar waiting....you will probably need it.   

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/31/2023 at 10:39 PM, Luvtoeat said:

Go to manage trip

manage reservation

dining packages

celebrity select dining

reserve

I can not find "manage trip" on my app.  Can you be more specific as to where it is.  Thanks!

On 2/22/2023 at 8:52 PM, trs3eb said:

I can not find "manage trip" on my app.  Can you be more specific as to where it is.  Thanks!

Here are the steps for the app. Make sure you have your cruise chosen:

Go to Dining

Choose Main Dining

Choose Celebrity Select Dining at Silhoutte

You will then have an option for reservations 

• Like 2

On 2/2/2023 at 10:13 PM, Galaxy2004 said:

We were on Apex in Dec 2022.

Last night of cruise went to buffet.

Totally shocked by the lack of selection in the buffet.

We are Elite Plus on Celebrity and never seen such a limited section in the buffet.

Reduces food waste!