Plug adapters required for Vietnam/Cambodia/Bangkok?

franski

Hi -

Just starting to pack - and not sure what adapters (if any) are needed for Vietnam/Cambodia/Bangkok.

Did a quick google search - but the info is a bit confusing.  So - thought I would ask here - and hope that one of the recent travelers can answer this question for me.

Thanks so much.

Fran

What I found in the hotels were frequently multi-pronged outlets, which can take US/UK/ and European plugs (if not more). However, sometimes they didn’t hold my US plugs firmly enough to recharge items; I found using a UK adapter kept it firmly plugged in. I don’t remember what we used on board. Sorry. 

18 hours ago, gnome12 said:

What I found in the hotels were frequently multi-pronged outlets, which can take US/UK/ and European plugs (if not more). However, sometimes they didn’t hold my US plugs firmly enough to recharge items; I found using a UK adapter kept it firmly plugged in. I don’t remember what we used on board. Sorry. 

Thank you...  Doesn't seem to be a cut & dried answer.   Even the cruise documents are vague.  I may have to take a variety of adapters!!

32 minutes ago, franski said:

Thank you...  Doesn't seem to be a cut & dried answer.   Even the cruise documents are vague.  I may have to take a variety of adapters!!

Not a bad idea. I think that is why I had what I had; I don't normally travel with more than what is needed. Do the cruise documents at least tell you what is used on board?

1 hour ago, Canal archive said:

power-plugs-sockets.com/********* insert country

Try this!

Exactly as I mentioned. For Vietnam voltage is 110/220, and plug types are A (North American), C (European) and D (not sure where that is generally used-3 thick round prongs). You might find anything. 

14 hours ago, gnome12 said:

Not a bad idea. I think that is why I had what I had; I don't normally travel with more than what is needed. Do the cruise documents at least tell you what is used on board?

No - Just said that they can be A or C types...

I was texting with the director of sales at the Anatole in relation to another matter... and asked him about it.  He sent me a picture!!  Which is great, so at least I know what to expect there.

It seems that either the A (flat prong - NA standard) and C (round pins - European) plugs will work.  So may just take a couple of the European adapters with me.

Fran

6 hours ago, franski said:

No - Just said that they can be A or C types...

I was texting with the director of sales at the Anatole in relation to another matter... and asked him about it.  He sent me a picture!!  Which is great, so at least I know what to expect there.

It seems that either the A (flat prong - NA standard) and C (round pins - European) plugs will work.  So may just take a couple of the European adapters with me.

Fran

Not to be a nag, but I will repeat my note about some of the hotels I stayed at. They had outlets that would take all kinds of plugs. However, some of them seemed too loose to hold a type A plug properly; I found that the UK type (type G) would stay put. (There is nothing worse than to think that you have charged your phone or camera over night and finding out in the morning that they didn't charge at all.)

• Like 1