Blu Menu Beyond

Cruisegirl6

Hello,

I am in aqua class and want to dine in Blu, I have checked out the dinner menus on the app, question, I do not eat seafood, chicken (love it but the steroids/hormones they give chickens upset my stomach) and don't eat lamb, am I able to ask for a steak which isn't on the menu for six evenings?  Would they be able to get me a steak to eat?

5 minutes ago, TripLLLe said:

We asked to see an additional menu from another dining room each night and it was no problem mixing and matching. Blu seemed to have a Beyond Burger available each night as well (maybe available elsewhere, not sure)

The Beyond burger is fantastic! Couldn’t believe how good it was.

As per company order/policy no more ordering from the MDR menus.

Some Maitres will still allow it though… 

Since the menu changes in January, steaks are harder to come by on Celebrity.  I think in Blu, they are still offering NY strip steaks daily, and their short ribs are very good.  Don't know if they are offering fillets anymore.  We got no steaks at all in the MDR rotating menu two weeks ago on the Silhouette.  They downgraded their daily steak option to sirloin, which, from comments from passengers at nearby tables, was tough to cut/chew.  You can ask for a children's menu and see if the petit fillet is still available.  I've ordered it in the past and, although small, was super delicious!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, SueMo said:

Since the menu changes in January, steaks are harder to come by on Celebrity.  I think in Blu, they are still offering NY strip steaks daily, and their short ribs are very good.  Don't know if they are offering fillets anymore.  We got no steaks at all in the MDR rotating menu two weeks ago on the Silhouette.  They downgraded their daily steak option to sirloin, which, from comments from passengers at nearby tables, was tough to cut/chew.  You can ask for a children's menu and see if the petit fillet is still available.  I've ordered it in the past and, although small, was super delicious!

Thank you, I am good ordering the children steak,  I guess I can always ask for two?  

37 minutes ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

Thank you, I am good ordering the children steak,  I guess I can always ask for two?  

9 minutes ago, SueMo said:

????? a petit filet mignon is not beef????

re-read exactly what was written and then you'll get the joke.  Not add in the missing apostrophe or s.

3 minutes ago, Cdncruisecpl said:

re-read exactly what was written and then you'll get the joke.  Not add in the missing apostrophe or s.

Gotcha!  (A bit grotesque, but to each their own!)😊

19 hours ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

Hello,

I am in aqua class and want to dine in Blu, I have checked out the dinner menus on the app, question, I do not eat seafood, chicken (love it but the steroids/hormones they give chickens upset my stomach) and don't eat lamb, am I able to ask for a steak which isn't on the menu for six evenings?  Would they be able to get me a steak to eat?

You should explain your food restrictions to the Blu's Maitre D on your embarkation day.  They will be pleased to accommodate you as much as possible.  In addition to beef, they have excellent pork entrees.  You might also consider an occasional vegetarian pasta dish or pasta with beef or pork meatballs or sauces.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NantahalaCruiser said:

You should explain your food restrictions to the Blu's Maitre D on your embarkation day.  They will be pleased to accommodate you as much as possible.  In addition to beef, they have excellent pork entrees.  You might also consider an occasional vegetarian pasta dish or pasta with beef or pork meatballs or sauces.

I stay away from pasta, rice, pretty much most of the carbs.  It aggravates my lupus.  I do eat pork and duck.