Solo traveling on Viking

bouy

8 hours ago, duquephart said:

Never availed ourselves of pressing or shoeshine but the "free" laundry in PS category was very welcome. Being able to get around the bed without bruising one's self was also nice. The best part was the extra room/TV so you could relax and not have to lie on the bed and crane your neck. Close second was the extra space in the bathroom/shower. Everything just "nicer" all 'round. Whether worth the extra $$$ is a personal thing but hard to be kept down on the farm after seeing Paree.

For us the best part of the PS experience was the free laundry, second sink in the bathroom and earlier choice of excursions. Will make it hard/impossible to return to a PV.

Thanks everyone for all the information it's very helpful . I don't get this though I'm looking at booking for January of 2025 and my  final payment is due this year  Dec 13,2023. I called cause I thought it was a typo and was told no it wasn't 

1 hour ago, bouy said:

Thanks everyone for all the information it's very helpful . I don't get this though I'm looking at booking for January of 2025 and my  final payment is due this year  Dec 13,2023. I called cause I thought it was a typo and was told no it wasn't 

Two things (at least) can be said about Viking's payment policy:

1. Nobody likes it.

2. Viking doesn't care (because they get away with it).

Edited by duquephart
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, bouy said:

Unfortunately Viking’s policy is final payment is typically 12 months in advance. If you have already have cruise booked, you can request and they will usually reduce that to 6 months prior.

We tend to be book relatively last minute so typically our final payment is due within a day or three of us making the booking.  Last year we (and a few others who reported on a thread I started about it) were surprised when final payment wasn’t due for a month or two, which in the case of our cruise meant it was three months before embarking.  But always expect 12 months if you’re booking further out.  

9 hours ago, Twitchly said:

Me too! No cruises planned at the moment. Our next trip will be a land tour of Israel and Jordan in the spring. How about you?

Sounds like an excellent adventure!  

I'm doing Viking Homelands on Jupiter in May, Stockholm to Bergen, then staying on through Constitution Day on May 17.

I can't wait!    Woke up last week to a tree on my roof (another "1 in a 100 year" ice storm in Austin, Texas.)  Have never seen ice this thick on trees.  Just happy none of them came through my windows.  Hearing big trees fall once every 30 min was bizarre.  Loud crunching noise for 5 seconds then ::boom::

I booked in December as my big voucher expired 12/23/22 and with all my vouchers ( husband died and we had 3 Viking cruises  booked plus Covid issue of no sailing) I was able to get a very good discount on single traveler on a PV with pre and post for 1/24 Med Ancient Treasures cruise. Places I haven’t been and want to go to  so I took the plunge and only had to spend an extra grand. I do my own airfare so I’m not using Viking but excited as last Viking cruise was the welcome back Bermuda and I sailed with my cousins.

• Like 3