MDR - Off menu food options available?

cgolf1

Being gluten free I need to pre order my meals. On Disney I had heard that you could order Indian dishes so I tried it and the dish I got was amazing. Then for the rest of the trip regardless of what I ordered I also got an Indian main dish every night. One of the chefs was from India and was more than happy to make the dishes for me.

Is this possible on Celebrity? I love Indian food and generally only get it when I am cruising because my wife is not a fan.

You will never know until you ask.  Many of the crew, maybe chefs, are from India.  Chances are there are Indian dishes in the crew mess.  That first evening when you are discussing gluten free with the waiter or maitre d, ask.  EM

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Essiesmom said:

You will never know until you ask.  Many of the crew, maybe chefs, are from India.  Chances are there are Indian dishes in the crew mess.  That first evening when you are discussing gluten free with the waiter or maitre d, ask.  EM

never seen on any cruise guests being offered food from the crew mess. 

1 hour ago, Alakegirl said:

It used to be possiible but since January 1, who knows.

But as to gluten-free options, definitely discuss this with the maître d’ and your waiter and they will tell you which things on the regular menu are OK for you

We definetly do that and Celebrity has been amazing working with me and one of the reasons we sail them almost exclusively. We do look at Royal as well but they aren't as good with the gluten free thing.

1 hour ago, Essiesmom said:

When we were on Disney we were told the chef was excited to make the dishes for me and showcase some food from home. Overall that was probably the best week of MDR food I have had on a cruise ship. It just will depend on if the Celebrity chefs have the same freedom as Disney chefs, where during an MDR lunch they even made me proper fried chicken.