Southampton UK Back to Back Experiences?

mikelan6

Has anyone done a back to back sailing out of Southampton England? Can you please let me know the process of checking out and checking in. At the moment, we will be in the same cabin for both sailings. Also, will we be able to get off the ship during the time in Southampton?

Thanks!

On 1/31/2023 at 3:30 PM, mikelan6 said:

Has anyone done a back to back sailing out of Southampton England? Can you please let me know the process of checking out and checking in. At the moment, we will be in the same cabin for both sailings. Also, will we be able to get off the ship during the time in Southampton?

Thanks!

I don’t see any reason why you cannot get off when you’ve completed b2b formalities. 
What are you thinking of doing/going?

Hello,

You will get a letter advising you of the change-over procedure - and in summary it will be this.

You will go to somewhere like a dining room early in the morning. You may or may not be required to complete a Health Questionnaire - depending on what's going on with Covid. You will be given a new card for the next cruise. You do not have to depart the ship to complete the 'change-over process' but may do afterwards if the mood takes you. You will swipe your old card on a terminal marked for 'disembarking', join a conga line to the next terminal to swipe your new card as if 'embarking'.  That's it - job done.

Along with your new card you will be given an 'In-transit' card. This is used to show security should you have disembarked. seen the delights of Southampton and wish to embark and by-pass some of the genuinely new embarkers' requirements. Exactly how it works I don't know as there's nothing in Southampton that's excited me enough to disembark on change-over day.

Regards,

Cublet

3 hours ago, little britain said:

Pop into M&S to get wine for the next cruise? 

Hello,

M&S are not on my shopping itinerary for the very simple reason that here, in Bristol, they don't sell whole coffee beans.

Perhaps a little way-out but there is a Majestic Wine Warehouse on the main drag to the port (depending on the route you take) that will probably have something for every taste.

Regards,

Cublet