Reservations for shows?

petuniaflower

No, but I would recommend showing up about 20-30 minutes early to get a better choice of seats, especially if you have a larger group. A lot of the older ships at least have all kinds of columns and odd seating arrangements that can block your view.

Guest BasicSailor
8 hours ago, petuniaflower said:

Do you have to reserve spots for evening shows and comedy shows?

If not now on the larger ships.

If you do get there early, don't be a jerk and reserve seats for other people.

On my last cruise, we got there 20 minutes before a show and a couple had saved an entire row of great seats for their friends.  Two of them showed up 5 minutes after the show started and the rest of them never came.

• Like 3

Guest BasicSailor
10 minutes ago, staceyglow said:

If you do get there early, don't be a jerk and reserve seats for other people.

On my last cruise, we got there 20 minutes before a show and a couple had saved an entire row of great seats for their friends.  Two of them showed up 5 minutes after the show started and the rest of them never came.

I've noticed quite a few angry verbal conflicts over this, and it's never even come close to being resolved.

7 minutes ago, BasicSailor said:

I've noticed quite a few angry verbal conflicts over this, and it's never even come close to being resolved.

On the same ship, we went to the comedy show about 10-15 minutes before the start, and the host said over the PA system, "If you see any empty seats, please take them.  Seat saving is not allowed".  Kudos to him.

• Like 6

Guest BasicSailor
3 minutes ago, staceyglow said:

On the same ship, we went to the comedy show about 10-15 minutes before the start, and the host said over the PA system, "If you see any empty seats, please take them.  Seat saving is not allowed".  Kudos to him.

We could go into a ton of detail on what's happen in the comedy shows that wasn't too comical.🙃. Well save that for another topic 😁

14 minutes ago, staceyglow said:

they typically say similar things before shows in all lounges as they fill up. But some people think they’re special and they don’t have to listen, I guess. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, mz-s said:

they typically say similar things before shows in all lounges as they fill up. But some people think they’re special and they don’t have to listen, I guess. 

Whether they listen or not, it means I was given permission by the Carnival staff to take any empty seat I wanted, and I did.  🙂

• Like 2

On the one hand, you have the obnoxious ones that save a whole row for people that show up last second or not at all.

But you also have someone running out to use the restroom, and expecting their spouse to hold their seat. 

This is why is hard to actually enforce. Of course, if people had common courtesy, it wouldn't be an issue. 

6 minutes ago, PrincessArlena'sDad said:

On the one hand, you have the obnoxious ones that save a whole row for people that show up last second or not at all.

But you also have someone running out to use the restroom, and expecting their spouse to hold their seat. 

This is why is hard to actually enforce. Of course, if people had common courtesy, it wouldn't be an issue. 

Well, I normally need two seats together, so that is what I look for.  And if someone is going to the bathroom, that means they are going to be back in 5 minutes.  And how about going before you get to the show?  😁

16 hours ago, hapytobehr said:

actually early seating is at 5:45 and late seating is at 7:45 now

Don’t know which ship you may have seen that. My cruises on Carnival are still: 6:00/Early, 8:15/Late. YTD does start earlier, 5:30-9:30.

• Like 2

On 1/31/2023 at 11:43 PM, Mic101680 said:

No, but I would recommend showing up about 20-30 minutes early to get a better choice of seats, especially if you have a larger group. A lot of the older ships at least have all kinds of columns and odd seating arrangements that can block your view.

Even the new ships have odd seating and columns in the middle of sight lines.

One of the comedians made fun of this on the Mardi Gras.

7 hours ago, mondello said:

Don’t know which ship you may have seen that. My cruises on Carnival are still: 6:00/Early, 8:15/Late. YTD does start earlier, 5:30-9:30.

Recently on the Celebration.  Have you cruised or are you seeing that on the reservation time on your booking?

Family of three we travelled with on our last cruise texted me while we were sitting in the main lounge for the evening show and said save us a seat, and I thought crap, just get here if you want a seat. I tell the family to just spread out a little and we can scrunch back when they get here. Well the pre show actually starts and they are no where to be found, so we give up the seats and someone sits down. They arrive after the show started and were miffed we did not have their seats waiting. I told them when the show started, I assumed you had changed your mind. 

1 hour ago, asalligo said:

Family of three we travelled with on our last cruise texted me while we were sitting in the main lounge for the evening show and said save us a seat, and I thought crap, just get here if you want a seat. I tell the family to just spread out a little and we can scrunch back when they get here. Well the pre show actually starts and they are no where to be found, so we give up the seats and someone sits down. They arrive after the show started and were miffed we did not have their seats waiting. I told them when the show started, I assumed you had changed your mind. 

You are doing God's work.  😄

• Like 2
  • Haha 1