Prima / Live / Solo / Feb - 5-12 - 2023...

sid_9169

1 hour ago, sid_9169 said:

About a dozen people showed up for the CC M&G, so I'm going to call it a success. I spoke with a few of the higher ups, and the new limit on items with the dining plan are indeed "a thing"... I've arranged to get a tour of the Haven on one of the port days, but another CC member (thank you, dmms) has already given me a tour, complete with a stop at the bar...

Way to go @sid_9169...wonder if several of those who showed to the the M&G wanted to meet the infamous Sid in person.

Another feather in your cap my friend....add social host to food blogger and travel blogger!

• Like 14
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, sid_9169 said:

While we were there I wanted to try and get a drink that only the Haven bartenders know how to make. Unfortunately they had never heard of it ( smoke and fire) so I settled for a spicy margarita. The pink looking drink is called smokey dragon, and that's the closest he knew to the other one. She ended up taking it, and now has a new favorite drink.

PXL_20230206_170033453.jpg

They have an outside bar as well as an inside bar in this Haven? If so, that is a great addition. Is the smoke and fire the same as the smoked old fashioned? I hope they aren't doing away with making it. The smoke making contraption was broken when we sailed on Joy in May. Luckily, my husband was able to get it to work for them and we were able to have the drink. It is a favorite of mine. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, firstimecruiseronncl said:

They have an outside bar as well as an inside bar in this Haven? If so, that is a great addition. Is the smoke and fire the same as the smoked old fashioned? I hope they aren't doing away with making it. The smoke making contraption was broken when we sailed on Joy in May. Luckily, my husband was able to get it to work for them and we were able to have the drink. It is a favorite of mine. 

Smoke and fire is an old drink that very few of the Haven bartenders know. Nothing like a smoked old fashion... 

• Like 3

20 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

Steak tartare...

PXL_20230205_231547251.thumb.jpg.ad588cb3e59703b5eccd860475650550.jpg

PXL_20230205_231552058.jpg

Sid, I will be on the Prima in June in Northern Europe and am thoroughly enjoying this thread....many, many THANKS for a wonderful read!  But if I may ask you, what is that green, sliced in half pepper looking garnish on your steak tartare?!?  I was on NCL Joy last summer and had one as a garnish and I loved it!  My mistake in not asking the waiter what it's called and I've not been able to figure it out since.  Google could not figure out what I was talking about...lol 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, cruisin*tigger said:

Love quiet nooks to read in.  This ship looks really cool.  Might be time to branch out - loyal to Carnival but they are losing me with solo cruising being so popular and they continue to ignore us.

NCL treats solo travelers pretty well with the studios and the studio lounge.  Lounge amenities vary by ship but some have special coffee machines, pastries in the morning, cookies in the evening.  

• Like 2